Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are on this forum then you obviously ride a VTX of some sort. If you live in NC and want to get together with other VTX riders then please respond to this post and we can plan something for this Spring or Summer. I live in Sanford, NC which is about 40 miles Southwest of Raleigh, 30 miles north of Southern Pines/Pinehurst, about the same from Fayetteville here in beautiful central North Carolina. I am a veteran and try to ride with Patriot Riders when I can and also do as many charity rides that the local Honda dealership sponsors. I feel I can find the time to do something dedicated to Honda VTX's though. So, respond to this post or send me a private message so we can get the ball rolling. Look forward to talking to y'all soon. Thanks, Sean(Boz50). Peace

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm in high point. I know that's a bit from Sanford but if you got something together I could probably make it down.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm here in the booming metropolis of Wallburg NC. (just south of Winston Salem)
No problem riding anywhere in NC....

Ray

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
Spoiler is in Shelby.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I find it hard to believe that there are only 5 of us but that's a start. So far we have Sanford, High Point, Wallburg(Winston-Salem), Raleigh, and the furthest out is Shelby(in the mountains) or close to it anyway. I'm curious to find out how many more there are out there so I guess we can give it another few days in case people were out of town this weekend or just not paying attention. As far as bikes go we have 2 1300's and an 1800. I know I didn't ask but if you can let me know what you ride when you can. I'm going to get on a map and find out where the central point is between us so we can do something this spring or summer. If y'all have any ideas or input please let us know. I just got my VTX last July so I guess I'm the new guy here. Just getting together and talking and riding would be a good start in my opinion. Keep your eyes on this thread and we'll go from there. Cool? Talk to you all soon. Peace.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ride a 1300R. I am open to meeting @ a central location for good eats & (1) beer. My bike is currently down & waiting for tons to return from painter. Shouldn't be much longer though.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Mine should hopefully be back in the road in another week or so. I ride a 1300T but the only T part left is the sissy bar.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My friend also in Raleigh had a T & removed all the stuff off it also. How much crap do u need on a trip anyway. Windshield! I bought it to feel the wind. Backrest & pillion, tell her to buy her own damn bike, she thanked me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am on Hamlet NC, about an hour or so south of Sanford. I am off every other weekend and would love to get together.

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
Ok, I find it hard to believe that there are only 5 of us but that's a start. So far we have Sanford, High Point, Wallburg(Winston-Salem), Raleigh, and the furthest out is Shelby(in the mountains) or close to it anyway. I'm curious to find out how many more there are out there so I guess we can give it another few days in case people were out of town this weekend or just not paying attention. As far as bikes go we have 2 1300's and an 1800. I know I didn't ask but if you can let me know what you ride when you can. I'm going to get on a map and find out where the central point is between us so we can do something this spring or summer. If y'all have any ideas or input please let us know. I just got my VTX last July so I guess I'm the new guy here. Just getting together and talking and riding would be a good start in my opinion. Keep your eyes on this thread and we'll go from there. Cool? Talk to you all soon. Peace.
If you don't mind rides other than VTX.....Spoiler has an HD. And I have a friend in Clayton, SE of Raleigh, that has an M109. He's a retired pastor, and really has no one to ride with since he moved there from Pa. last year. He was lamenting the lack of riding miles. If you consider him joining your bunch, just PM me and I'll give you his address, email, Ph. # etc. Thanks for him.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Over here on the lake in Mooresville, only a tank away.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have never been a bike snob and never plan on being one. As a matter of fact I can't stand people who are, like the ones who say "if you don't ride a Harley you ain't sh*t" and such. He can ride a tricycle for all I care as long as it will keep up with the rest of the bikes. I do want to talk with other VTX riders because of the chance of giving each other advice and information that only people who ride these bikes would have. I'm sure anyone could understand that. Please tell your friend that he is welcome riding with me at any time and I'm sure the others would feel the same way. Thanks for suggesting him/her for the ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
People so far

So far I have found Spoiler in Shelby, tugboat in Raleigh, Baker6x6 in Wallburg (just outside Winston-Salem), cueballblaster in High Point, billeng in Hamlet, RevAtB in Mooresville, and myself here in Sanford. Paxman told me of a rider who was looking for people to ride with but he isn't a VTX rider. The guy rides a Harley but I told him that we didn't mind and that he was welcome. The thing I wanted to get out of this was for everyone to be able to share our knowledge of the bike most of us ride, the Honda VTX series. My father often says that "all of us are smarter than one of us" and I've found that to be very true in all aspects of life. If we can share our joy of riding and working on these bikes then it would help all of us, not just one of us. So, if you guys don't mind having a Harley rider in the bunch, we can move forward with this. I had the pleasure of riding in a charity ride this past weekend for the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill. We rode for a summer camp that burn victims go to because they can't go to camp with other kids due to their medical condition. We had over 260 bikes Saturday and I have never been in a pack that large. It was a blast seeing a line of steel stretching out for over a mile up the highway! I liked that but I really prefer riding with between 5 and 20 people because it keeps it easier to ride where you want. If anyone has any suggestions as to where and when to meet throw it out there. Keep in touch and be safe out there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I checked that thread out, Tug and found that most of the people on that have already responded to this one. One of the things about this forum I have found out is that threads are not cleaned out regularly. That thread was from '03 and a lot of the ones I have found about stuff like this are from waaaaaaaaaay back. I know it takes time and money to keep things up to date but they should probably put in a program or something that makes things age off after 5 or 10 years, you know? I will reach out to the few that are not on this one and see if they are still around, unless you already have. Thanks for the input. Any information helps. Have a good one. Later, Boz.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts