Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It doesn't matter to me if you ride an egg beater, Spoiler, as long as you can keep up with traffic. LOL. Seriously, I have never been a bike snob and don't intend on starting now. Those who are that way really get my goose. The only reason I was asking VTX owners was so we could all benefit from each other's knowledge of this particular bike. People who own these bikes know about the quirks and needs of them that other riders wouldn't know simply by having one. I'm sure you understand. As soon as we can figure out a mutually good time to ride we can start doing that. A couple of the ones who responded have things going on with their bikes; paint jobs and such. If you have a suggestion let us know and we'll surely talk about it. Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to meeting and riding with you. Take care, Boz.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
I have never been a bike snob and never plan on being one. As a matter of fact I can't stand people who are, like the ones who say "if you don't ride a Harley you ain't sh*t" and such. He can ride a tricycle for all I care as long as it will keep up with the rest of the bikes.
It's all good... I did have a VTX or I wouldn't have found this site to begin with

I'm actually more a meat snob. "If you don't eat Livermush, you ain't sh*t", has always been my motto.... LOL

:bleh::bleh:

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
So far I have found Spoiler in Shelby, tugboat in Raleigh, Baker6x6 in Wallburg (just outside Winston-Salem), cueballblaster in High Point, billeng in Hamlet, RevAtB in Mooresville, and myself here in Sanford. Paxman told me of a rider who was looking for people to ride with but he isn't a VTX rider. The guy rides a Harley but I told him that we didn't mind and that he was welcome. The thing I wanted to get out of this was for everyone to be able to share our knowledge of the bike most of us ride, the Honda VTX series. My father often says that "all of us are smarter than one of us" and I've found that to be very true in all aspects of life. If we can share our joy of riding and working on these bikes then it would help all of us, not just one of us. So, if you guys don't mind having a Harley rider in the bunch, we can move forward with this. I had the pleasure of riding in a charity ride this past weekend for the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill. We rode for a summer camp that burn victims go to because they can't go to camp with other kids due to their medical condition. We had over 260 bikes Saturday and I have never been in a pack that large. It was a blast seeing a line of steel stretching out for over a mile up the highway! I liked that but I really prefer riding with between 5 and 20 people because it keeps it easier to ride where you want. If anyone has any suggestions as to where and when to meet throw it out there. Keep in touch and be safe out there.
Clarification: Spoiler has the HD, my Pastor friend has the Suzi M109. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Boz, PM me your pertinent contact info and I can forward it to Pastor Wayne, and let it up to him to get back with you. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
People write LOL all the time. I have to admit that I actually laughed out loud on that one, Spoiler. Good one.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
People write LOL all the time. I have to admit that I actually laughed out loud on that one, Spoiler. Good one.
You only laughed because you are from NC and you know the "mystery" surrounding this backwoods delicasee.. :bleh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are on this forum then you obviously ride a VTX of some sort. If you live in NC and want to get together with other VTX riders then please respond to this post and we can plan something for this Spring or Summer. I live in Sanford, NC which is about 40 miles Southwest of Raleigh, 30 miles north of Southern Pines/Pinehurst, about the same from Fayetteville here in beautiful central North Carolina. I am a veteran and try to ride with Patriot Riders when I can and also do as many charity rides that the local Honda dealership sponsors. I feel I can find the time to do something dedicated to Honda VTX's though. So, respond to this post or send me a private message so we can get the ball rolling. Look forward to talking to y'all soon. Thanks, Sean(Boz50). Peace
I'm in Charlotte. Just bought a VTX1800C a couple of weeks ago. Love it. I'm open to some riding.

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
Take a look at the age of the posts/threads to which you respond. Boz50 was last on the VTX Cafe in 2015. I am in NC (a few miles west of Hendersonville). If you wanted to ride some twisty roads some time, I would be happy to ride with you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Take a look at the age of the posts/threads to which you respond. Boz50 was last on the VTX Cafe in 2015. I am in NC (a few miles west of Hendersonville). If you wanted to ride some twisty roads some time, I would be happy to ride with you.
Nothing wrong with keeping it alive. I am in NC a few minutes from Myrtle Beach SC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sounds like a plan.....will keep in touch.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts