Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the bike scene and have an idea of what I want my VTX to look like but want to do it as inexpensively as possible...could someone...anyone assist me on where to locate good quality used after-market parts and accessories? :banghead:

I want to rake my front-end but need assistance as I stated I am new to the bike game but have been around them all my life...please help!

KYVTX1300c

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
The 8 Deg. rake is for Trikes. It would FUBAR your 1300 all up and be dangerous to ride. Stump is the guy you need to get with. He's the best and while he not cheap, the best rarely is.
http://stumpwerx.com/

Rebel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just left Stumps site and was very impressed...he is outta my price range but loved the site and its set-up...any other suggestions for raking that are more economical

·
Currently in Chrome Rehab
3,526 Posts
cheap might not be very safe...and thats rule one.
Raking the bike wont be cheap no matter where you get it.
Lots to thinik about here. Lowering the rear? Will you need new brake line?
other stuff....

·
Registered
376 Posts
vtxtreme, stick with the 6 degree, 2 inch fork extensions and lower rear shocks. No wire changes or longer brake lines required however I am going with extended ones as they are real close after I added 2 inch risers. All reasonably affordable.

·
Official Fuddy Duddy
1,757 Posts
Please research from the authorities on the parts...i.e. the makers of the parts.....not just personal accounts from people that DO NOT have experience.

If the right parts are chosaen and the bike set up corectly, any raked trees can be as safe as stock parts. How often I hear "this is that, and that is only for something"

I ran 8* trees on two inch extensions with air ride and I NEVER felt unsafe riding at all speeds on my 05 1300C.

Learning is the key and not just taking for granted the fact that everyone is responsible for their own actions while riding.

How often we read about incidents on stock bikes, now compare that to someone's perception of safety on a modified bike. Could be a stark difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts