Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought an Interstate about 1 month ago and LOVE it. Not to say that I wasn't looking at buying an "X", which I was activley looking at, but when I saw the Interstate, I fell for it. I love the new look and feel of it. Now, I am 51 years old and you would think I would have gone with the old school cruiser look, but the Interstate just had that appeal to me that I couldn't walk away from. And as far as the ride goes,,,,,, Well, I don't regret my decision at all.
It's all about personal taste. :choppersm

·
Registered
831 Posts
Go for the VTX 1300T. It's a tried and proven model and we all love it.

You do need to tune the carb a bit to get it perfect, but it's really no big deal. I also have a 1991 Honda CBR600R2 with 4 carbs and I love it. I guess FI is progress, but carbs still work well and are easier to work on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not ridden the interstate but I have sat on one and it feels noticeably lighter than my 1300S, although the published wet weights of the two machines are pretty close. It might be that the interstate is a bit narrower.

·
HateRain
68 Posts
I'm biased to the VTX 1300 however before I bought it I sat on every cruiser and even every sport bike that I could find, the VTX felt the best to me and I've been doing nothing but riding and have no regrests on purchasing it.

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
I just bought an Interstate about 1 month ago and LOVE it. Not to say that I wasn't looking at buying an "X", which I was activley looking at, but when I saw the Interstate, I fell for it. I love the new look and feel of it. Now, I am 51 years old and you would think I would have gone with the old school cruiser look, but the Interstate just had that appeal to me that I couldn't walk away from. And as far as the ride goes,,,,,, Well, I don't regret my decision at all.
It's all about personal taste. :choppersm
Focjoc, congrats on the new scoot :cheers:

Other than a few people with the Fury your the first I have seen on here with the another VT1300 model. Please keep us posted on you experiences and discoveries on this model. :D

Post some pics.

Personally I enjoy all motorcycles. The Stateline-Sabre-Interstate are different looking for sure, but we have been accustomed to the VTX look for 8 years, for me the new bikes are starting to grow on me. I have my cruiser, now I am looking to get a true Touring Macine:choppersm I love my VTX but given the opportunity-funds-space, I would have many many many many more bikes :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

I have been looking and lurking for a little while and now hope you can provide some insight.

It has been many years since I have been on a bike but due to traffic, gas prices, and the beautiful weather we are having I believe I am ready to get back on.

I went to the local Honda shop to look specifically at the 2009 VTX1300T he had. I really liked it but he also pointed out the Interstate. I like the lines of the Interstate and the hard bags but it does not have the back rest the VTX has. Also the Interstate is fuel injected. The VTX is a few grand less in price, as well.

What kind of comments and suggestion might you to help me make a decision. I know I can get a back rest installed on the Interstate, or at least I think I can. The only other option I certainly want is to figure out how to install a GPS on either one.

Thanks,
Fred
:patriot:
My personal preference is the VTX. I'm on my 2nd one. The first was a 07 VTX1300C. Deer took me out. I had a little over 50,000 miles on it, no service problems and mad made several 400 mile trips on it. I have an 06 VTX1300R6 now. Still the same comfortable ride except the R model is a little more comfortable riding position. I ride year round. The hottest 111 degrees, coldest 19 degrees. Love the look of the VTX. Not so much the Interstate. Rather have the carb over FI. Ride them both and you decide. Enjoy the ride either way you decide

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
My personal preference is the VTX. I'm on my 2nd one. The first was a 07 VTX1300C. Deer took me out. I had a little over 50,000 miles on it, no service problems and mad made several 400 mile trips on it. I have an 06 VTX1300R6 now. Still the same comfortable ride except the R model is a little more comfortable riding position. I ride year round. The hottest 111 degrees, coldest 19 degrees. Love the look of the VTX. Not so much the Interstate. Rather have the carb over FI. Ride them both and you decide. Enjoy the ride either way you decide
Thanks for the response and your observations/ comparisons. You do understand you replied to a 12 year old thread?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts