Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a clutch master cylinder with lever assembly. My 1999 Honda Valkyrie needs one, and I was told one from a VTX1800 will work. I also have a 2002 VTX1800, but I'm not going to pull parts off a working bike, for another bike. I was left some motorcycles from my grandfather who recently passed away, and my uncle ended up taking parts of the 99 Valkyrie for his Nighthawk(which I dont understand why), so I'm trying to get it up and running, since thats all it needs. At least the VTX was untouched, but in the least all the bikes are nice and low mileage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris.

·
Liberal Peace-Lover
1,064 Posts
You've got a couple of options:

1. If you're patient, troll the boards, eBay and Craigslist for the part. Post some 'Want To Buy' posts on all the VTX boards, both national and regional.

2. If you're less patient and have a good amount of money, visit crankyape.com or copart.com or any of the other salvage resellers. They will frequently have wrecked VTXes for sale- you could pick one up to use as a donor bike for your other bikes.

3. If you're even less patient and don't have lots of money, look for motorcycle junkyards near you (and not near you) and call to ask if they have any VTXes. If yes, ask if they've got clutch master cylinders with levers, and if yes, see if they'd ship to you (or go pick up if local enough.) I know of a few motorcycle junkyards around the DFW Metroplex but not of any in Minnesota. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts