1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VTX1800F spec3
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
Fuel tank Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

In October a guy cut me off to get his IHOP fix! Had to lay her down......slid 45 feet, and rolled up under his truck. Was able to ride the bike back home, but she's hurt. Wife was out of work due to Covid, but she's back working now. So, it's time to start kiting the "X". Any advice on this journey is appreciated. All damage on left side, shift is bent, both turn signals broken, hand guard missing, tank smashed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my tires changed, and the clowns at the shop knocked my bike over with a forklift. They repaired everything, but no damage to the tank. My understanding is the tank is hard to replace, but the rest signs be easy enough to find.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 VTX 1800F2 w/240 Phat Tire
241 Posts
pretty much the same damage I had on my F when I had my accident last October, you dent looks identical to mine.

insurance paid me $4,700 for the damages for doing a self repair and sourcing the parts myself, an F tank is near impossible to find, they are unique due to the digital dash, the mount points are different than all the other bikes, except the 2007 C, which uses the same tank and dash.

I found 1 for $1000 then my damn painter dropped and dented it, insurance tore him a new one because I had settled for the $4,700 and the tank alone is $3,300 from dealer which would have totaled the bike. Insurance forced him to purchase the tank from the dealer on his dime.

decided to customize the bike after the accident so I tore it down and rebuilt, almost completed, I have a lot of OEM parts that I have chosen to replace with custom parts I might be able to help you with a few.

I have the front signals, I have the rear signals but not the clear covers the ones I have are amber.

I just sold the OEM foot controls, sorry.. but I did see several sets on ebay, any year C or F will work they are the same parts, R/S/N will not, different setup.

I think I have a set of those pegs on your cruise mounts, I can look if you want.

hit me in PM if you want any of the parts. I will look and see what else I have, as I said replaced a lot with aftermarket stuff so I have no use for the OEM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
View attachment 243987 View attachment 243988
In October a guy cut me off to get his IHOP fix! Had to lay her down......slid 45 feet, and rolled up under his truck. Was able to ride the bike back home, but she's hurt. Wife was out of work due to Covid, but she's back working now. So, it's time to start kiting the "X". Any advice on this journey is appreciated. All damage on left side, shift is bent, both turn signals broken, hand guard missing, tank smashed.
Have you been able to build up your bike? I could help some part of necessary

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Mr. Incredible This’s the issue here, The essence of this forum/ platform is to help or support each other.I believe you’re mature enough to read each line”Have you been able to build up your bike? I could help some part of necessary”

It’s an open conversation not a private conversation, I’m suggesting the mod/admin should please enlighten many of us here.

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
241 Posts
I get it man, but myself and others have been burned a few times by new members that sidle up all friendly in threads with "I got that part", "I can help" etc. public and privately. and then scam the member for money.

you might be legit, you might not. as I said, new member, be wary.

your profile is new
you have no information in your profile indicating that you even own the model bike this forum is for
your only posts are responding to WTB or ISO threads, with the exception of one thread trying to sell a seat.
you connect via a phone app (tapatalk) which is a known scammer app.

these are red flags to many people.

new members that come onto any forum only to buy/sell with zero participation in any other aspect of the forum usually end up being scammers. Just my POV. and I look out for my VTX brothers.

if you disagree, prove me wrong. engage in the forum, throw up pictures of yourself and your VTX, act like someone interested in the community and not someone only interested in selling stuff online.

·
Registered
13 Posts
God bless sir, the message I’m trying to pass across is that we can’t judge people based on appearance. Everyone here has sometimes been a newbies here and upgrade to one or two level here and in life.. I’ve been on Pelican group for years and other forum best know to me and some good friends out there.. I’ve one of the latest Porsche in my garage bought by my eldest son but yet that doesn’t tell who we are here. Many of us here are great men and women outside this platform and yet still wanna learn from expert in her.. wave of love from this end

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
<snip>I’m suggesting the mod/admin should please enlighten many of us here.
I'm a mod here. About what am I supposed to "enlighten" someone?

Reactions: Mr. Incredible

·
Registered
27 Posts
The tank is gonna be the bigger PIA as I’m in the same boat. However, I’ve got a good body guy that swears he can fix it for a fraction of the cost. Once the damage to the tank is repaired I’m debating on either hydro dipping all the tins with some crazy graphicsor going back to the factory graphics.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The tank is gonna be the bigger PIA as I’m in the same boat. However, I’ve got a good body guy that swears he can fix it for a fraction of the cost. Once the damage to the tank is repaired I’m debating on either hydro dipping all the tins with some crazy graphicsor going back to the factory graphics.
Factory graphic are discontinued so you will have to airbrush them.

I just hydro dipped my tins. So here is some advice.

the tank is very wide. Most hydro dip ink sheets come in lengths and widths too small to do the whole tank in a single dip. The ink stretches and breaks. So you will have to do it in stages.

find a hydro dip shop with experience and that can prove they can properly do large items. The first guy I hired fucked my rear fender 3 times and it’s half the size of the tank. I finally fired him and had to find someone else.

Make sure they clear coat at least 5 coats. Else you will find the dip start to peel back from thin clear.

Just my experience, thought it would share.

·
Registered
17,968 Posts
God bless sir, the message I’m trying to pass across is that we can’t judge people based on appearance. Everyone here has sometimes been a newbies here and upgrade to one or two level here and in life.. I’ve been on Pelican group for years and other forum best know to me and some good friends out there.. I’ve one of the latest Porsche in my garage bought by my eldest son but yet that doesn’t tell who we are here. Many of us here are great men and women outside this platform and yet still wanna learn from expert in her.. wave of love from this end

I have to agree w/ Mr. Incredible. Neither of us just fell off the truck. Like the Farmers Insurance commercial, we know a lot because we've seen a lot. If you'd like better responses from members, try including some information about yourself and your bike, like pix, personal location w/o being too specific. Wave of love back atcha. Kiss kiss.

Reactions: Mr. Incredible

·
Registered
27 Posts
Factory graphic are discontinued so you will have to airbrush them.

I just hydro dipped my tins. So here is some advice.

the tank is very wide. Most hydro dip ink sheets come in lengths and widths too small to do the whole tank in a single dip. The ink stretches and breaks. So you will have to do it in stages.

find a hydro dip shop with experience and that can prove they can properly do large items. The first guy I hired fucked my rear fender 3 times and it’s half the size of the tank. I finally fired him and had to find someone else.

Make sure they clear coat at least 5 coats. Else you will find the dip start to peel back from thin clear.

Just my experience, thought it would share.
Actually I found the graphics for sale individually for about $20 each or as a full set for $208.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice. I looked for two years and couldn’t find the dark brown for the titanium 2005 F
Here’s the link that I forgot to attach earlier.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here’s the link that I forgot to attach earlier.

oh yeah I found that guy, bad experience. ordered those in November of last year, still waiting on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts