Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fuel Injection conversion kit available from Honda or a after market manufacture ?
Any recommendation on a more comfortable seat.
Any Recommendation for Hard saddlebags that fit this bike.
Thanks for your comments.

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
I doubt there is a FI "kit" for the VTX1300. It would be a HUGE undertaking requiring a new computer, removal of the carb, replacement of the throttle body, wire harness, air intake, etc. By the time you finished you would have many thousands into the bike. If FI is that important to you, buy a VTX1800 or a VT1300 (all three models of which - Stateline, Interstate, and Fury - are FI).

For seats, the two most common recommendations are the Mustang or the Ultimate. Both are expensive and can sometimes be found used. The Ultimate and possibly the Mustang have various models that depend on your body type (height, girth, etc.).

My opinion only - the best bags for a VTX 1300 are the Tsukayu VTX specific. Large, good looking, sturdy, and require no electrical/light changes. However, they come unpainted so you will have to paint them. Lot of other choices. Research carefully any that you consider. There are at least two that have had manufacturer supply problems (e.g. taking money and never sending bags).

Reactions: Corey Mathery

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,425 Posts
your questions have been answered. I have an Ultimate seat....its ok.....however i you want to spend less and take your time looking around...try something like Wild Ass seat cushion. Got one for my wing and it's great. they have different price levels. I had the LeatherLyke bags...wonderful bags, but saw the Tsukayu bags and fell in love!! they are great...got them painted to match the bike.

·
Too short for my weight
5,654 Posts
I have the ultimate seat, but I had it modded by mean city cycles, I like it pretty good. Saddlebags are a personal thing. I have the Viking leather hard bags and I like them a lot.

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
815 Posts
I was lucky and had a Mustang seat on mine when I got it. It had a backrest on it too which was very nice. It was a very comfortable ride for sure. The hard bags came on it too. Same as I think Vinish mentioned. The prior owner had to put on some lower profile turn signals to get the bags on. They were nice. I had a Retro model from 2005, 1300 cc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts