Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
16,115 Posts
Now it's alternating between a damn insurance ad and a LS Tractor - Adams Equipment Company of Fort Ashby. BTW, this is on a 15.5" laptop full screen shot. Google Chrome browser
One minute later it's now a Staples ad.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,270 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,750 Posts
Wild. I see none of that. I also use Google Chrome as my browser. I do have the free program "Ad Blocker Plus" running which cuts down on pop-up ads that appear in Chrome. Maybe that is the difference. You should install Ad Blocker Plus. It is free and very helpful in reducing ads on a variety of websites.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,270 Posts
Wild. I see none of that. I also use Google Chrome as my browser. I do have the free program "Ad Blocker Plus" running which cuts down on pop-up ads that appear in Chrome. Maybe that is the difference. You should install Ad Blocker Plus. It is free and very helpful in reducing ads on a variety of websites.
Probably shouldn't admit that on a for profit ad driven website. 🤣 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
It's an approx. 3/4" x 4" constant ad that says HONDA RIDE RED EVENT : SEE THE DEALS. It totally blocks out anything on the bottom center of the page being viewed without scrolling content upwards just to read it. Don't ask me to show you or 'transfer' anything, I'm not the keyboard whiz many of you are, I'm just a disgruntled viewer.
I can report this issue but I need more information to do so in order for us to try to troubleshoot it.

When reporting forum issues, please include the following information.
  • What device are you using to access the site? Computer? Tablet? Phone?
  • Are you accessing the full site? Using Tapatalk or Mobile View?
  • Which operating system are you using? (Windows 10, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.)
  • Have you already tried clearing your cookies/cache?
I also need a screenshot, please.

- Cricket

·
Registered
16,115 Posts
I've already explained as much as I can, and done as little as my limited abilities allow. Just more crap to deal with since the old site was bulldozed. Thanks. I guess when I quit coming here I won't have to deal with the aggravation. Congratulations.

·
Administrator
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I've already explained as much as I can, and done as little as my limited abilities allow. Just more crap to deal with since the old site was bulldozed. Thanks. I guess when I quit coming here I won't have to deal with the aggravation. Congratulations.
I want to help but without the information and screenshots, I am kind of flying in the dark here.

- Cricket

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello. Our sister site VTXOA made the move to a similar platform, and was able to group the sub sections for the different local areas. Would it be possible to do the same here? The landing page is simply has too many options and would benefit from tightening up a bit.

They did State-Area like this:
New York
New Jersey
Florida-North
Florida-Central
Florida-South

For the bigger riding states they broke them into groups.

Thank you

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,270 Posts
Hello. Our sister site VTXOA made the move to a similar platform, and was able to group the sub sections for the different local areas. Would it be possible to do the same here? The landing page is simply has too many options and would benefit from tightening up a bit.

New York
New Jersey
Florida-North
Florida-Central
Florida-South

Thank you
It would be great if we could merge states into regions with keeping the posts. Every year the users drop so not like we really need to separate every state.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It would be great if we could merge states into regions with keeping the posts. Every year the users drop so not like we really need to separate every state.
There really needs to be a single subsection heading on the main page, then within there, they can break out the section however seems best. But the main page has too many headings making it WAY too long. It will also help with speed as they do not all have to load for every user who lands on the main page.

·
Administrator
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

New York
New Jersey
Florida-North
Florida-Central
Florida-South

Thank you
I would want to go over this with the site mods. Having coverage for extra sections is important. We also would need them to help with moving threads to each of the specific sections.
-Philip

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would want to go over this with the site mods. Having coverage for extra sections is important. We also would need them to help with moving threads to each of the specific sections.
-Philip
Thanks. It would be very helpful for speed. Those are sections that really do not get a ton of traffic, but have to load for everyone, every time they land on the main page.

·
Super Moderator
9,750 Posts
I will answer in the other thread.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
it looks like my post counter is stuck at 7,999.
I have posted 3 posts.. and no change in the counter.

this one should be 8,002... just saying.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
OK,,, at 7,999... the system was having issues.

then it reset to 8,000..

then the system crashed... received a communication error..
must have automatic rebooted.
now seems to be working.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
again with the problems.

a pop-up ... enable push notifications... and it will not close.. regardless what I press

also in the conversations.... the paperclip.. to upload images.. does not work

·
There Can Only Be One
2,644 Posts
again with the problems.

a pop-up ... enable push notifications... and it will not close.. regardless what I press

also in the conversations.... the paperclip.. to upload images.. does not work
The paper clip is showing up in my conversations and is allowing me to upload images. Maybe a restart of your computer and/or trying a different browser?

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
ScreenHunter_1761 Mar. 20 17.20.jpg

this is blocking my view,,, and will not go away.. clicking on one or the other button does nothing.

I am not a know it all..
but I have been on-line since the DOS days... mid 1990's.
I know about resetting and restarting.
I have 3 browsers , FireFox 64 bit, Microsoft, Chrome
cookies..
Windows 10 Pro.

the paperclip did not work... in part, the above box covering half of my screen.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts