Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of us Ohio riders need to get together here in the next few weeks and do another ride. Who would be up for it? where would you like to go? I personally like getting some miles in, so I would be up for a longer ride. Also if there are dates that would work better for you mention those as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm always game for a ride! there is one getting set up on the x-rider site for the weekend of the 6-7 on the east side of columbus.. the saturday is an all day event and the sunday is just a few hour one.. couldn't do 19th i'll still be in pigeon forge then but any other time i'm game!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
We all have been thinking about riding the Triple Nickel. Rt 555
I did the 555 two weekends ago...
lots of gravel, about 12 miles is tar and chip, and was put down less than a month ago.
there are several turns where you go from 55 to 20 and there NO signs about the turns. (speed or direction) and the turns were BLIND.
several turns are of decreasing radius and off camber. dangerous for the LESS skilled.
I went south bound from Zanesville to the Ohio river. and there were 2 different cycle crashes. Cruisers going to fast into turns, and Low siding into the ditch.
I enjoyed myself and returned home by rt 26 thru the Forest. I think a better road.
if you go have FUN, but keep the speed DOWN (PLEASE). and get GAS before you get onto 555 only 2 small stations on all of the route.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm always game for a ride! there is one getting set up on the x-rider site for the weekend of the 6-7 on the east side of columbus.. the saturday is an all day event and the sunday is just a few hour one.. couldn't do 19th i'll still be in pigeon forge then but any other time i'm game!
I looked at those rides today, I am going to try and make it on the 6th, but have to work at 6pm that day, will see the ride plans. Also plan on doing their halloween ride. It just seems there is a disconnect between the two forums, so I figured I would post here about doing a ride.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah they are a close knit group, but will ride with anyone!! i'm still trying to figure out if i'm going to n.c. that weekend.. if not i'll be making one or both of those rides..

thats a bummer about the triple nickel.. but i hear rt 26 is a better road anyways.. need to figure out a start point so we can figure out a route of where we would like to go.. how long of a ride everyone would like to do..

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am up for any distance, often on long ride days doing 200 +. I would say meeting somewhere in the Columbus range would be good. We could either head SE to Marietta, or NE towards Amish. In OCT these are the Saturdays 6 13 20 27 Or would could try for the start of Nov. like the 3rd

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm good for any of those but the 20th.. wouldn't mind heading into the land of the horse and buggy.. been doing a lot of s.e. riding this year..

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
would anyone be up for a ride to Pittsburgh in the next 2 weeks? I have always wanted to eat at Primanti Brothers. I have always wanted to try it and my brother loved it. So who would be up for it?

·
Curmudgeon at Large
8,365 Posts
I see Epi wants to go.....you might consider not telling him about this stuff.....he eats a lot, smells funny and never reads my safety tips...

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,459 Posts
I see Epi wants to go.....you might consider not telling him about this stuff.....he eats a lot, smells funny and never reads my safety tips...
thank you, my friend........I believe the Jewish holidays are in the next two weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts