Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brisket was on sale.
So I got a small one 8.5 lbs trimmed some fat and it was around 7lbs or so.
Been on the smoker with Mesquite pellets doing their magic.
Small end should be ready for resting in about an hour.

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
300 Posts
Nothing better than smoked brisket. I did a couple briskets for my sons high school graduation party in June. They lasted about an hour.... the Treager earned its keep that day.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
Recent trip to Newfie, at the Viking encampment site, had a brisket with grilled shrimp on it (sammich). MMMmmm! Only thing better would've been if'n it had BACON on it!

·
FREEBIRD
7,496 Posts
Isn't shrimp the 'bacon of the sea'? I'm going to have to try smoking a brisket someday. I guess the Traegers really show their worth on the longer cooking times. I have an offset smoker so I'd probably have to put a pot of coffee on and tend to it before the sun rises. Knowing me, I'd fall asleep in a lawnchair and wake up a few hours later to a cold BBQ.:gah:

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All depends on how you control the heat.
I tend to cook slow 150 degrees for 10 hrs then go up to 300 untill I hit about 200 internal temp.
Wrap in foil then a bath towels for an hour or so then it is pig out time.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
On our recent trip to Newfoundland, at a small restaurant near the ancient Viking encampment, I had a brisket-n-shrimp sandwich. Oh man, was it good! Not sure of the seasonings, but I didn't do my usual bbq sauce or ketchup, and really enjoyed the natural flavorings.

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
Yum, yum, sounds good Charlie! :patriot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts