Reactions: Mr. Incredible

·
Registered
2005 VTX 1800F2 w/240 Phat Tire
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Be very proud. Now ride it.
LOL;

today I will stretch it out and make sure everything is proper, finished cleaning up and putting everything away around 8pm last night and was told in no uncertain terms by my wife and daughter that since then have spent the last 3 weekends helping me on the bike I was taking them to dinner.

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,283 Posts
They are never "done."

Looks good, enjoy! :)

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
1,059 Posts
Very nice!!!!!

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
507 Posts
WOW! That bike looks absolutely amazing! Great job and congrats!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious where you got your plug covers and rear fender X cutout done or if you did it yourself? That's pretty cool.(y)

plug covers. I laser cut those myself at my employer many years ago when I had access to a laser cutter.

the rear fender, when I did my 240 conversion in 2005 I decided I wanted to keep the F oem fender look, it was what drew me to this model to begin with, additionally am not a fan of fiberglass fenders.

so I cut and widened the OEM fender and welded in 2.5" of steel, and welded a steel reinforcements to the underside of the fender and eliminated the OEM subframe. due to making the fender wider I could no longer use the OEM tail light. At the time Kewl Metal made these neat little "X" key chain charms, so I took that, enlarged it in a CAD program and had it laser cut into the fender. paid $400 in 2006 (now probably cost $100 due to leds being more common place) to have a custom LED panel made to fit. under the X in the fender is a square box, in which a 6" x 4" led panel sits with 150 red 2 stage (tail/brake) LEDs, it is square, but obviously only the X part shows through.

I will say that I need to install an RTB on the turn signals, as the X and cool as it is, it not very visible during the day due to the angle. it is angle up, not back so it makes it difficult for cars behind me to know I am braking. I might just install one of these under the rear lip instead:
Wire Electric blue Knot Magenta Font

not really sure which direction to go yet.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,283 Posts
The X is very cool. I'd go RTB before adding anything to that rear. Keep the clean look if possible. If you still think you need more light then add it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
7 months. $1,500 over budget and some stress due to a flaky painter. But she’s done finally.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Plant Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Vehicle Tree

Plant Bicycle Mirror Tree Automotive tire

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Plant Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Vehicle Tree

Plant Machine gun Tree Bicycle handlebar Vehicle

Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Plant

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Plant Bicycle Mirror Tree Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Sky
That is one banger of a bike! I love the brake light in the fender, but how do you know it gets noticed? I wish my doctor would recognize that I'm disabled as well and finally issue me the paperwork for a plate. I don't need it every day, but when I do, I just don't go out anymore. Anyway, great bike! Keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is one banger of a bike! I love the brake light in the fender, but how do you know it gets noticed? I wish my doctor would recognize that I'm disabled as well and finally issue me the paperwork for a plate. I don't need it every day, but when I do, I just don't go out anymore. Anyway, great bike! Keep the rubber side down!
well my wife followed me for a minute and told me it is hard to see during the day due to the angle, at night it is super bright

so the turns are doubling as Run/Turn/Brake giving me some extra light for braking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well my wife followed me for a minute and told me it is hard to see during the day due to the angle, at night it is super bright

so the turns are doubling as Run/Turn/Brake giving me some extra light for braking.
I finally wound up buying the Brake Free module. It shows not only when you actually use your brakes, but also when you downshift or just coast clutch in. Well worth the cost of the tech.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts