Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode today with Al (member name ASHOP1AL), he is in Florida visiting his parents for Thanksgiving. God Bless him for the visit, many elderly parents are forgotten. Anyhow we met at 10:00am for a ride with a mostly scooter group that I have been riding with for around three years. Today there was two VTX's a Goldwing, Bergman 650 and a Honda Helix. There is usually a larger group, but what I'm trying to say is in the title of this post "Were all the Same", people that enjoy getting out on two or three wheels. My odometer read 85 miles when I got home, just a run for lunch.
Tomorrow my wife and I head off to a cold Michigan for Thanksgiving and ASHOP1AL, GeneticVTX and Rock will be taking a ride out to Sanibel Island. Happy Holiday to all.
Jerry:choppersm

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Thats what it's all about my friend, just two wheels & you in the wind, don't matter who made those two wheels, as we all share the same wind!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Kudos to you guys....you are right...it should be about the ride...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm glad you guys had a great time! Jerry you are more than welcome to come sorry I couldn't call you I was at work until 8pm! Firemedic can't make this ride. My dad will be joining us on his Goldwing Trike however. I'm looking forward to meeting Al... jerry if I don't see you tomorrow. I hope you and your wife have a safe trip and a great holiday! We have to plan a ride when you come back!

I rode today with Al (member name ASHOP1AL), he is in Florida visiting his parents for Thanksgiving. God Bless him for the visit, many elderly parents are forgotten. Anyhow we met at 10:00am for a ride with a mostly scooter group that I have been riding with for around three years. Today there was two VTX's a Goldwing, Bergman 650 and a Honda Helix. There is usually a larger group, but what I'm trying to say is in the title of this post "Were all the Same", people that enjoy getting out on two or three wheels. My odometer read 85 miles when I got home, just a run for lunch.
Tomorrow my wife and I head off to a cold Michigan for Thanksgiving and ASHOP1AL, GeneticVTX and Rock will be taking a ride out to Sanibel Island. Happy Holiday to all.
Jerry:choppersm

·
Registered
327 Posts
YEP! Knees in the wind and rubber side down!! That is what matters. My group has everything in it.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You my friend are excactly right in fact the X is the replacement for my Burgman which I do miss at times. Where are you headed for in Michigan?
Hey Bear were going to Niles, which is just north of So Bend Ind. I grew up there and lived in Buchanan (which is where my wife is from) after I got out of the Air Force in 71. The last 10yrs we lived in Allegan and that was until we moved to Cape Coral FL in February 2004.

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Hey Bear were going to Niles, which is just north of So Bend Ind. I grew up there and lived in Buchanan (which is where my wife is from) after I got out of the Air Force in 71. The last 10yrs we lived in Allegan and that was until we moved to Cape Coral FL in February 2004.
I was born and raised in Niles! Small world. ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was born and raised in Niles! Small world. ;)
And I believe you also went to Brandywine as I did. I forget now who told me that. I lived on Bell Rd. between 13th.St. and 15th.St. on the south side of the road. My dad built six homes on Bell rd. and there is a small lane off of Bell rd. named after him, Sain Dr. I used to come home from Ohio when I was in the Air Force and race over in Osceola. Oh the wisdom of youth, I had a 66 Mustang with a juiced up hi-po 289 and it was our family car, as well as our transportation back to Ohio.

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
And I believe you also went to Brandywine as I did. I forget now who told me that. I lived on Bell Rd. between 13th.St. and 15th.St. on the south side of the road. My dad built six homes on Bell rd. and there is a small lane off of Bell rd. named after him, Sain Dr. I used to come home from Ohio when I was in the Air Force and race over in Osceola. Oh the wisdom of youth, I had a 66 Mustang with a juiced up hi-po 289 and it was our family car, as well as our transportation back to Ohio.
Did we have this talk once before? I'm sorry if I forgot. I meet so many folks here. :) I listen to the OC Drag Strip all weekend long from my back yard, in the warmer months when they are running. Love that sound! ;)
Yeah, Brandywine for me. That section of Bell Rd. was smack in the middle of everything I did, for most of my life. Too cool. ;)

Have a great holiday! :)

Ray

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
...yep, we're all the same no matter how you look at it

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
We all pound the same pavement.

Ride Safe:choppersm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts