Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in western NC want to ride this Friday, Nov. 10? I'm looking to get out and see a bit of the fall scenery and scoot cautiously through some leaf colored curves. I'm going somewhere with or without anyone else but it sure would be better if others joined in. I don't know the area well so I'm happy to follow the lead of others if you have a destination or route in mind.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Wish I could, but I’ll be working... besides, my fairing project is not done (waiting to be able to get the speakers in). I can give you a route with some great scenery on it.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Take 74 West, get on 28 and stay on it until you get to the tail of the dragon. Turn left and follow 129 back to and thru Robbinsville until you get to a “t” intersection. Turn left on 19. Shortly on the right you will see Wayah Rd, turn right on Wayah Rd. Follow it to the end, tirn left and go into Franklin. Then get on 28/64 to highlands and follow 64 on Home to H-ville......

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take 74 West, get on 28 and stay on it until you get to the tail of the dragon. Turn left and follow 129 back to and thru Robbinsville until you get to a “t” intersection. Turn left on 19. Shortly on the right you will see Wayah Rd, turn right on Wayah Rd. Follow it to the end, tirn left and go into Franklin. Then get on 28/64 to highlands and follow 64 on Home to H-ville......
That would be an awesome ride. According to Google maps, it would be 6 hrs, 2 minutes of saddle time for me which might be a bit much for a fall ride. I've been on all of these roads except Wayah Rd which looks really interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Colder temps this weekend too, watch for hidden black ice where the road wouldn't get any sun. Sign me : Envious.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Wish I could but I'm working also ( I'll take the double time ).

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
How’d the ride go today Jim? Where’d you end up riding? Any pics?

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for asking but it didn't happen. I probably missed the last good day but I hope not. I ended up being swamped with work and my laptop computer is about to die on me and I have to travel to D.C. on business Sunday night through Thursday and I'm not yet ready for that trip and the dieing comp is hinding my ability to get ready. So bottom line... I'm a whiner and I didn't ride today :(

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Thanks for asking but it didn't happen. I probably missed the last good day but I hope not. I ended up being swamped with work and my laptop computer is about to die on me and I have to travel to D.C. on business Sunday night through Thursday and I'm not yet ready for that trip and the dieing comp is hinding my ability to get ready. So bottom line... I'm a whiner and I didn't ride today :([/QUOTE Supposed to 'warm up' some by next weekend.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Thanks for asking but it didn't happen. I probably missed the last good day but I hope not. I ended up being swamped with work and my laptop computer is about to die on me and I have to travel to D.C. on business Sunday night through Thursday and I'm not yet ready for that trip and the dieing comp is hinding my ability to get ready. So bottom line... I'm a whiner and I didn't ride today :(
No worries.... there’s always another day.

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
308 Posts
The route back to H'ville is about nice a ride as found anywhere.
NC is chock full off great destinations and routes to'm. H'villes McFarlands bakery & Kilwins ice cream shop and two stops I never miss.
Dupont Falls is a nice destination to cool off at during the summer.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
The route back to H'ville is about nice a ride as found anywhere.
NC is chock full off great destinations and routes to'm. H'villes McFarlands bakery & Kilwins ice cream shop and two stops I never miss.
Dupont Falls is a nice destination to cool off at during the summer.
There’s a kilwins in highlands too (I wired the shop)....overpriced ice cream is not on my list of stops. In Bryson city is a little mom n pop ice cream store that is awesome though...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I probably missed the last good day
Negatory there Jim, we still have ample good weather here in Nocacalacky. I never put my bike up last year we had such a mild "winter".

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you are right. I am on a business trip most of this week to D.C. No, I'm not conferring with Trump. I left today at about 3:30 and get back very late Thursday night. We have visitors Friday and Saturday. So the next day I'm available to ride is Sunday, Nov. 19th - a week from today. I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Looks like the days to ride this week are wed thu fri, Sunday is supposed to be high in the low 40’s, no bueno for riding (for me anyways)....

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang. Oh well, I'm in NC until Dec. 1st so maybe later in the month.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
10-15 degree warmer difference if you just drop down outta Flat Rock into the Upstate of SC, the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway ( Rt 11 I believe ) is a nice ride to the west. I also happen to know a few joints with frosty adult bottles of Barleywater in Walhalla should you be so inclined to whet your whistle.

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good advice. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts