Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:coffee: Greetings!
I haven't seen any members from this area yet but I have seen some bikes in my area, which is Parsons, TN 100 miles west of Nashville. I have had my 05R for about 3 months and have rode enough to know that It is really a fun bike. I am a 50 year old married male with MEd. If there is anyone in this area, feel free to respond. It always helps to have some kind of idea who the riders are out there. Why saxman50? I have played the sax most of my life. I can't post any pics, yet(I don't think) I'm new to this forum and not really sure how it all works but there is a ton of info about the VTX if you look around.

Have a great day!
Saxman50

·
aka The Rev
1,854 Posts
Hey Sax,
Welcome I am not from your area but I do have a friend that pastors in your area. He is a very talented singer, songwriter, and musician. You may have heard of him, his name is J. Michael Wilson. He pastors Iron Hill Pentecostal Church. You have one of the best bikes on the road. Here's to riding.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello Saxman. I'm about 30 miles southeast of Nashville. That's close enough we could meet somewhere in the middle and go from there.

W

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Welcome saxman!

VTXpreacher what church do you attend in Tuscaloosa?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies

Hey guys,
Thanks for your replies. Yeah, Murfreesboro is only about 2 hrs from me. I haven't made a ride that far just yet cause I just got the bike, but plan to. I need to get some saddlebags, at least, and appropriate clothing. I have been checking out the Honda Hoot online. Anybody ever been to that?
Also, I am not familiar with Pastor Wilson but know where his church is located. I might know who he is if I saw him.
Again, thanks for your replies and have a great day!
Saxman50

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hello and Welcome Saxman, Henderson Co. here. I ride with a bunch from ScottsHill. We will hook up and ride some this spring !
:choppersmride on !!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ripley

Hello Ripley!
Yeah, you're not far away. About an hour or so from Jackson? How long have you been riding? I got my 05R in August and got some road time but Winter got here way too fast. I live in a rural area so there are some good old state highways and "backroads" to cruise around on. You probably have some of that around the Miss river and toward Dyersburg. I bet your have been to Union City, that's where I picked up by bike, at Abernathy's Cycle. David, out in the preowned area, helped me with my purchase. Nice guy. I go to Bob's, in Jackson, for some stuff and they are friendly, too. Any cycle shops in Ripley? Not here, but a few guys that have had bikes for years and know their way around. I can tinker a bit myself. Get back...

·
aka The Rev
1,854 Posts
Hey Ripley, I lived in New Albany for about 7 years. I love that part of the country. Used to go to 1st Monday a good bit. My mother-in-law is from Hatchie Hills. Well maybe we can hook up and ride sometime. By the way do you know Bro Joe Street?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys im from around dyersburg way just jump in to say hello,03 1800R,excuse the date on the picture just changed in my camera:patriot:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey KF and Toasted

Hey guys!
What's the name of the best Honda/Cycle shop in your area? I got my bike in Union City at Abernathy's but I go to Bob's in Jackson for "stuff". Toast, that is one great lookin bike. Beautiful Blue! I haven't had my 05 long enough to invest more in it, but I will. Thanks for your post, I think that with the cafe and local riders, there's one heckuva support group available to us. :cheers:
I was born in Memphis at the old Baptist Hospital on Union. My folks worked at the Sears crosstown. Moved to Parsons in 62.
Hear of any good events/rallies, I might be interested. I haven't ventured very far yet.
Stay safe!
Saxman50:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in Memphis also. Actually in Munford. About 20 miles north of Memphis off Hyw. 51

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in Ripley, 55 miles n. of Memhis. I cannot recocommend a stealer/ But really would like to meet some of you at say Jax.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello saxman50..I bought my vtx a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping there were other riders in and around Lexington. I look forward to getting together with the group to ride sometime in the near future. I think I will go to the groups section and join the West TN Riders. I was wondering how to join the Tennessee Riders Group. I did not see that particular group in the social groups section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi RustyKnight,

Yeah, good to hear from you! I live in Parsons and have had my bike since October. We can definitely get together sometime. Sundays are probably the best day for me.
Saxman50
:coffee:

·
Future Walt Kowolski
101 Posts
I am in Bartlett...outskirts of Memphis. Rode up to Paris,TN last week. Rode up Hwy 70.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts