Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
But if anyone ever has time for a ride and wants to ride with someone, shoot me a PM. I can ride any day of the week, but not the same days every week. It just depends on the week. I work two days on / two days off so it rotates every week. And every other weekend off. I have all kinds of rides I take if you don't have anything in mind. The max has been 411 miles and four states in one day for a pleasure ride and not a vacation trip. But usually I get in at least 150 miles on a pleasure ride.

I may just drop you a line sometime. We rode average of 200mi per day over the labor day weekend for a total of 600. I have owned my bike for 6 weeks and have put 2k on it already. Next time you head down to Memphis area let me know and maybe we can meet up and ride.:choppersm

·
Future Walt Kowolski
101 Posts
What about 3 October? If this works for most folks we can try and find a central meeting place and then hammer out a scenic route with access to good food.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oct. 3 works for me. I have a gun show at the Agri center Sept 19,20 but after that should be good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have to play some patriotic tunes for a ceremony on the 3rd, which celebrates the restoration of an old one room, log school house in the Scotts Hill area, but I might be able to catch up with you later in the day. The ceremony is at 10 am. I can get to Savannah and Shiloh in less than an hour. :choppersm

·
Future Walt Kowolski
101 Posts
Oct. 3 works for me. I have a gun show at the Agri center Sept 19,20 but after that should be good.
Mojo,
Are you working the show or attending the show?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mojo,
Are you working the show or attending the show?
I will be working the show. We are not sure yet if we are doing the show yet or not. We are still up in the air about it. I will know in a couple of days.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any updates on the ride?

·
Future Walt Kowolski
101 Posts
Any updates on the ride?
Only a few responses so far. I still want to ride so I am going to set a meet time/place in the next day or so. If you anyone has any suggestion on a central location let me know.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Unfortunately that is a working weekend for me. Just more of my usual luck! Ha :). Same with the gun show.... falling on a working weekend. I will be keeping up with the progress reports on here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chief, I easy on the meeting place. I live west of Millington toward the state park so I will have a little ride to anyplace but that is the joy of living there. Oh and I will be working the Gun show. We will have tables of 1911's and frames and slides and parts for them as well as a few other things but mostly 1911's .

·
Registered
9 Posts
My brother lives in Savannah...that is when he is home. He is an Ag helicopter pilot and is gone from April through October. You are about an hour or so from me.

That ride was Senior Chief's idea originally. Don't want to hijack his idea. It would be good ride from Memphis especially on that southern route I suggested.
And Shiloh is right in Bownutrob's (above) back door.

But if anyone ever has time for a ride and wants to ride with someone, shoot me a PM. I can ride any day of the week, but not the same days every week. It just depends on the week. I work two days on / two days off so it rotates every week. And every other weekend off. I have all kinds of rides I take if you don't have anything in mind. The max has been 411 miles and four states in one day for a pleasure ride and not a vacation trip. But usually I get in at least 150 miles on a pleasure ride.

Small world. I have not been checking board as of late.. Be sure to shout at me if you get to Savannah to vsit your family..>>>---->

My brother lives in Savannah...that is when he is home. He is an Ag helicopter pilot and is gone from April through October. You are about an hour or so from me.

That ride was Senior Chief's idea originally. Don't want to hijack his idea. It would be good ride from Memphis especially on that southern route I suggested.
And Shiloh is right in Bownutrob's (above) back door.

Small world. I have not been checking board as of late.. Be sure to shout at me if you get to Savannah to vsit your family..>>>---->
Any updates on the ride?
Look forward to riding some day. Just made a run to Maggie Valley NC then N thru Tennessee into Ky then back home.. almost 1100 miles..Great trip..>>>---->

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like I am out for the 3rd. Have to pick my parents up at the airport at 1:45 on the 3rd.

·
Future Walt Kowolski
101 Posts
As the saying go "life happens" and what I thought was a free weekend will now be spent on the soccer field. With all the rain we have had in the past few weeks all of my son's game were rained out. So this Saturday will be a make up day. Since I coach the team it is a good idea if I show up. So maybe another day.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts