7,385 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts

·
Erect Member
11,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
On a side note, THE debate is over. Black is the fastest color with orange coming in a distant 2nd. To prove it, look at this pic of the first bikes to show up at the Pokey.
was a blue and black one that was there days before...the black was to slow the blue down a little. the sonic boom kept hurting my ears...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Lol, that'll make you run fast.(away from him):icon_yikes:
It's a good thing what happens at the Pokey stays at the Pokey.
Yeah wigit. You may even be safe at the pokey. I will guarantee that you wouldn’t be the strangest thing we would see all weekend.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Made it home today around 1:30. I had a pretty soggy ride down 16 yesterday. The rain finally stopped around Asheville. This mornings ride was great just like the ride Fri. and Sat. "El Scootero" ran flawlessly and I averaged in the mid 40's with 1204.5 miles total. Thanks, Jimmy, for putting this on and thanks to everyone for the kind words. It really was great to all of you again.

View attachment 191851 / View attachment 191853 / View attachment 191855 / View attachment 191857
Matt, I missed being there to give you a shoulder to 'lean on', and an ear to bend. Take care my brother from another Mother.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
We left this a.m. Mike, Sparky and I. We had a beautiful morning ride to Charleston where I split off and headed up 79. I got dumped on about an hour and a half later in Lost Creek WV. Put on rain gear and was out of it fairly quickly.
Thanks to Jimmy for putting on another great weekend.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
Gnomie

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I was just going threw my pictures and I have a few I didn’t post. So here they are

HCL birthday party at the pokey.

Ride Free Ride Safe
Walter hopes you saved him a tiny piece or he'll be PISSED! And yinz know what Walter is like when he's PISSED!

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
We got rain from Welch to Beckley. Had a 30 minute wait about 10 miles North as a car went off the road and emergency crews were getting the person out and towing the car. I-64 had some spritzing, as did I-81. but that was about all we saw on the way home. But that 51 mile stretch to Beckley soaked our butts!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Chkrider (Terry), Linda, and I left Welch about 9am after having a quick breakfast at the Sterling. We said our goodbyes, and headed south on Rt 52. Terry took the lead out of town and all the way to Bluefield Wva in a medium rain. We made a pit-stop at the Mcd's, and I took the lead from there. We had a steady rain from there- to the Rt 52 / I-77 split. Since it was still raining, we hopped on the I-77 slab The rain got considerably heavier. The only breaks from the rain were the 2 tunnels on the way to Wythville, Va. Once we got into Va- the rain started to subside- and stopped completely just before the NC line.
We split-off from Terry at the Fancy Gap exit off I-77. We needed a break, and wanted to get out of our rainsuit jackets. The sunshine was quickly drying the roads... and boosting the temps and humidity. The final 1 1/2 hours were dry and uneventful. We rolled into home about 12:30 pm.

Thanks to Jimmy and his "crew" and everyone that helped out last weekend. That's what makes any gathering a success.
Special thanks to Sean, Vinish, Bruce and Lora for the companionship for the ride up, and to Terry for the ride home. Sure beats traveling alone! Just knowing someone has your back should the need arise... takes the stress of traveling away.
Thanks again to Jody- for stopping at our house and carrying our gear to the Pokey and back again. It lightened our load, and kept our luggage safe and dry. I'm sure you missed the bike Saturday, but didn't miss it on Sunday...
Thanks to all my old friends, and the new ones we've made on this ride.
Ride often, Ride safe, everyone...

·
Deuce
3,751 Posts
Chkrider (Terry), Linda, and I left Welch about 9am after having a quick breakfast at the Sterling. We said our goodbyes, and headed south on Rt 52. Terry took the lead out of town and all the way to Bluefield Wva in a medium rain. We made a pit-stop at the Mcd's, and I took the lead from there. We had a steady rain from there- to the Rt 52 / I-77 split. Since it was still raining, we hopped on the I-77 slab The rain got considerably heavier. The only breaks from the rain were the 2 tunnels on the way to Wythville, Va. Once we got into Va- the rain started to subside- and stopped completely just before the NC line.
We split-off from Terry at the Fancy Gap exit off I-77. We needed a break, and wanted to get out of our rainsuit jackets. The sunshine was quickly drying the roads... and boosting the temps and humidity. The final 1 1/2 hours were dry and uneventful. We rolled into home about 12:30 pm.

Thanks to Jimmy and his "crew" and everyone that helped out last weekend. That's what makes any gathering a success.
Special thanks to Sean, Vinish, Bruce and Lora for the companionship for the ride up, and to Terry for the ride home. Sure beats traveling alone! Just knowing someone has your back should the need arise... takes the stress of traveling away.
Thanks again to Jody- for stopping at our house and carrying our gear to the Pokey and back again. It lightened our load, and kept our luggage safe and dry. I'm sure you missed the bike Saturday, but didn't miss it on Sunday...
Thanks to all my old friends, and the new ones we've made on this ride.
Ride often, Ride safe, everyone...
Thank you for your hospitality Thursday evening and Friday morning, with dinner and then the short Jeep ride after we cleaned my turn signal switch and braced my saddle bags.

Ride Free Ride Safe

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Terry took the lead out of town and all the way to Bluefield Wva in a medium rain. We made a pit-stop at the Mcd's, and I took the lead from there. We had a steady rain from there- to the Rt 52 / I-77 split. Since it was still raining, we hopped on the I-77 slab The rain got considerably heavier. The only breaks from the rain were the 2 tunnels on the way to Wythville, Va.
YIKES, my fear. Glad y'all made it safely.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
The women and I weren't skeered!....
Sounds like a little wet though. Sad I missed the Summer Ride but glad I missed the rain.

661 - 680 of 696 Posts