Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

681 - 696 of 696 Posts

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
Sounds like a little wet though. Sad I missed the Summer Ride but glad I missed the rain.
Sunday was the only rain day. I rode Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon and only got wet on Sunday. The Fri and Sat ride were great with lots-o-sun. Missed you, Bruce.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The women and I weren't skeered!....
I was. Probably why I drove. I did feel a little bad blowing past you guys after that first tunnel on 77.

Sounds like a little wet though. Sad I missed the Summer Ride but glad I missed the rain.
I told you that you could have came up and rode up with me. Jimmie was talking about a fall ride in October.

·
Registered
15,794 Posts
I am continuing my adventures on a separate thread. Thanks for letting me piggyback for a few days.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I wasn't concerned about Friday nor about Saturday, but I knew Sunday morning was gonna be ugly. Too ugly for me anyway. Will not ride in rain.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I rode down Thursday. Had a great ride Friday to Tazewell then the Spaghetti dinner. Nice ride on Saturday. It was raining while we had breakfast Sunday. We rode over to Jimmy's then had dinner at Ole Jose. I left Monday and was dry till Lost Creek WV. on 79. I got off the exit and suited up. By the time I was back on the road it was clearing up. I stopped again and went back to a T shirt for the rest of the ride home. Basically I stayed dry the whole time.
Well there was that little rescue mission in the woods and thorns, barking dogs, Shotguns being racked while it was constantly raining. I did get fairly wet that night. What great memories!

·
Deplorable member
7,385 Posts
I rode down Thursday. Had a great ride Friday to Tazewell then the Spaghetti dinner. Nice ride on Saturday. It was raining while we had breakfast Sunday. We rode over to Jimmy's then had dinner at Ole Jose. I left Monday and was dry till Lost Creek WV. on 79. I got off the exit and suited up. By the time I was back on the road it was clearing up. I stopped again and went back to a T shirt for the rest of the ride home. Basically I stayed dry the whole time.
Well there was that little rescue mission in the woods and thorns, barking dogs, Shotguns being racked while it was constantly raining. I did get fairly wet that night. What great memories!
Well, not for everyone. In fact, I'll bet someone has no memory of it what so ever.:drunk:

·
Registered
15,794 Posts
Well, not for everyone. In fact, I'll bet someone has no memory of it what so ever.:drunk:
Do tell, Matt. C'mon, give it up, even if in a PM.

·
Too short for my weight
5,316 Posts
You and Dave are the champs of the hide and go seek - Welch division of finders.

·
Deuce
3,749 Posts
We are getting good at carrying people together. :) and yes great memories they will never be forgotten.

Ride Free Ride Safe

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
Wanted to say the same - I had a great time with most everything. I have to learn to pace myself a bit as I missed out on some riding time and good times based on a bit too much "cough syrup".

I had a little issue with the same problem wheel/bearing on the trailer but was able to get it corrected on the side of the road with a little effort. It made me a little later getting back, but I got back :)

THANKS EVERYONE.

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
You and Dave are the champs of the hide and go seek - Welch division of finders.

I didnt find anything, but I did lose my voice. Im glad Rick didnt kick that "rock" too hard or walk past it :)

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Wanted to say the same - I had a great time with most everything. I have to learn to pace myself a bit as I missed out on some riding time and good times based on a bit too much "cough syrup".

I had a little issue with the same problem wheel/bearing on the trailer but was able to get it corrected on the side of the road with a little effort. It made me a little later getting back, but I got back :)

THANKS EVERYONE.
I hope your voice came back...that cough syrup didn't work real well for that issue.

·
my toes, my line
4,095 Posts
I hope your voice came back...that cough syrup didn't work real well for that issue.
It did - about 3 days after getting home. While it didnt help my voice during the trip, I did get a bottle of that Redemption Rye and it makes great buttered toddies which did assist in getting my voice back.

:patriot:

681 - 696 of 696 Posts