Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
yea, i heard about that on a local radio news break today in SC. those folks are nothing more than media hogs and self righteous bastards that don't deserve the intake of air (except a strong dose of heavy CO2 for about 15minutes in a closed room)!!! it's folks like them that turn people off from Christianity with their self righteous and holier than thou attitudes...

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Really, picketing someone's funeral? How low can any one person be?, let alone an (organized) group. I guess it's just not enough for these people for another human to pass on, they want to make a scene for the media circus at the mourner's expense, I say anyone caught doing such a blasphemous act should be shot on sight. No excuses are good enough for such trash as this.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
Is that the church known as "The most hated family in America", in like Kansas or something?
yep, i think that is the one...it's the only church i know of that goes around doing that kind of chit....sorry bastards

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb and say that they will probably not show up. I hope I am right for the sake of the Edward's family and also so that this ungodly passion of theirs gets no more TV time.

One of these times someone is going to do more that just slit their tires as they did in Oklahoma and then the media circus would really escalate. They have a ton of lawyers in that (family) church. I think they would love the publicity. I am more than ready for them to just stay home and spew their hate among themselves.

OK, .02 given and sermon over.

Pdave:patriot:

·
Registered
875 Posts
There is a number of documentery videos on youtube about them. Its crazy to watch, its strange how such intelligent people (The father and daughter are lawyers although the father was disbarred) can be so far off the deep end... The kids they interviewed are completely brainwashed and avoid any tense subject about themselves while focusing that hateful energy on other people. The adults should be locked up, but i feel really sorry for the kids...

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
I heard on the local news this morning that "good" folks will be attending from all over to form a "Circle of Love" to keep that riff-raff away. Also, I received my regular email from the state captain of the NC Patriot Guard as follows:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. CONTACT RON FAGGART, NC STATE CAPTAIN WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

Our most humble and heartfelt sympathies and prayers go out to the friends and especially the family of Mrs. Elizabeth Edwards. She was a great person as well as a friend to education and children’s causes, both nationally and in North Carolina.
She was truly an inspiration to all and more so; a hero to the victims and survivors of this dreaded disease that finally took her away from us. We wish Godspeed to her and her family as they go through this very trying time. We will also honor the family’s wishes for a private burial after the public service on Saturday. We wish not to add to their burden by escalating any unpleasantness during this time.
In that light,,, We understand the sorrow the Edwards family is experiencing and offer our condolences in their loss and hopes that no protesters will attempt to twist their pain for some media exposure. The best way to prevent these folks from attending funerals is to deny them media coverage and attention. That is the only reason they would be there.

There are several reasons that we cannot be there and regretfully they must be adhered to.
1) Mission statement: The Patriot Guard Riders are not a counter protest group. We have a very specific mission statement that focuses on our Fallen Heroes that have served our country and citizens. As much as we would wish that no family would suffer the attentions of these protests, what we do has little to do with protesters.

2) Family request, We only go at family request for our uniformed service members who place their lives on the line for our citizens.

3) VIPs and Secret Service: After the VA mine memorial and several other recent tragedies, I think it's clear that they would probably prevent us from actively attending.

Mrs. Edwards will be missed by friends, family and people who admired her courage through all her bouts and battles. She will be remembered for all she has done for her people and her country.
With Respect and sorrow for the loss
Ron Faggart
NC State Captain,
Patriot Guard Riders, Inc.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
These people make me SICK!

They hide behind a "Christian" church name and yet are nothing but HATE mongers..... I'm sorry but my Bible, my God, My Christ spoke of love, compassion, forgiveness and peace....

These people bring nothing but hate everywhere they go....

Though i will continue to defend their freedom by my service to this country I will never accept their outrageous behavior!

·
Registered
32 Posts
About five of the WBC scum showed up and over 150 to counter protest. Regardless of one's political views, Mrs. Edwards was a tough lady with a big heart.

Rest In Peace.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I had the privlige of meeting and helping Ms. Edwards during the capaign. No matter the politics involved she was a very gracious person and a lovely person inside and out.

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
I had the privlige of meeting and helping Ms. Edwards during the capaign. No matter the politics involved she was a very gracious person and a lovely person inside and out.

Glad you got to meet her. Nobody (i mean I wouldn't wish these people on my worst enemy) deserves what these folks bring to a funeral. Just unadulterated evil...period.

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
I'd have a tough time if I knew Westboro people were somewhere nearby.....

'cause I just have to pay 'em a visit....................................

Low-Lifes, all of them.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Glad you got to meet her. Nobody (i mean I wouldn't wish these people on my worst enemy) deserves what these folks bring to a funeral. Just unadulterated evil...period.

You are absolutely right PDave. What these a-holes do, in my opinion, is downright blasphemous.(and total :icon_bs:) Hopefully their comuppance will be due on their judgement day.

·
Registered
466 Posts
When they picketed a soldiers funeral out here in these parts they got their tires slashed and nobody in Mcalester would fix their tires. Thats what needs to happen everywhere they go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts