Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me!

I ordered something from vikingbags.com without researching here first.
Crap! Why the hell didnt I think to do that....:banghead:

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
i've never heard anything bad about viking and from the guys i know in my area running their bags, they seem to be a quality product...unless you didn't order bags as i don't know what all they sale

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered a sissybar travel bag. I'm already getting the run around emails from them "will ship in 2 days", then "2 more days", then "will ship in 4 more days", then back to "you will get a tracking number by end of today". Also, their phone is "full".

Oh well...lesson (re)learned.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Cant say anything bad about the bags themselves... I just warn people to verify thast the item they';re purchasing is in stock and not on back order....

-Gonz

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, the site said the bag was in stock.I do see most people saying the bags are decent....once they get them.oh well I still have my old bag although it kinda sux.

Sent from my (still working...knock on wood) Droid2 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The only problem I had with mine is that the ring on the top of the bag for the 'back pack straps' nearly completely ripped out the first time I tried to use it - the stitching of the patch holding the ring to the bag isn't good (at least on the bag I got). However, mine has side entry (either side) and that is really handy.

Oh yea, and the rain cover doesn't fit if the expandable side pockets are indeed expanded (seems like a little bigger rain cover would have overcome that problem from the factory, huh?).

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got a FedEX notification today that the item is in transit.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sissybar bag arrived. The box looked like it had went through the gorilla gauntlet on the way but the bag seems ok. The thing IS big. It seems to be pretty sturdy and well built although a snap rivet appears to have separated on the back. Guess I can find something like that at Michaels and redo it. I'll find out how sturdy it is when I start cramming it full this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts