Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I helped buddy of mine install V&H Bigshots on his 1100 Shadow . . . He wants to pay me for my help . . .But what would the stealer charge for this kind of job? I'll take half . . . . or nothing . . . . I actually like this sort of job!Just curious!

·
Seasoned Member
876 Posts
Charge him a cold 6-pack ,and keep a friend
Coopi

My dealer charged me 65 bucks

·
Let's Get Ready To Rumble
5,240 Posts
You got a deal from your dealer, coopi! I think my dealer gets $75 for answering the phone.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charge him a cold 6-pack ,and keep a friend
Coopi

My dealer charged me 65 bucks
This was a relatively easy job, it got me out of the house for a few hours (on vacation . . . wife was working) . . . spent about three hours getting them on . . . maybe four. It took me three hours to do my V&H Bigshots on my X,C (pipes and upper and lower shields). . . it took a little longer on the Shadow (it's a six piece deal, rear pipes with both headers and their heat sheilds). . . actually way easier fitting than on the X.

He wanted to pay my and I said no! . . . this was fun, but he gave me 10bucks for the copper crush gaskets I had.

BTW . . . the Bigshots for the Shadow . . . are louder (more tinny, and dragbike sounding) than are on my X.:patriot:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Stealer wanted to charge me $185 to install Big Shots on my X. Needless to say, it became a DIY job. If it were me, a burger, beer and a nice long ride would suffice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts