Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8806 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched. Didnt see this. If I missed it, link me and Ill delete this one.

Post up what you did to your bike today, with pics preferably.

Today I didnt do anything... yet.
I did receive Glens clutch pull relief bracket today. :mosh:
Very fast shipping. No hassles.

I figured I should do this before I actually get to ride it so Im not cussing it when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
changed my oil... that is all.
make sure you have that rivet tool exact center on the rivet when you tighten it down ... many have made the mistake of having it a little off center and that can cause problems.
If it's right the rivet will pop right out ... great tool.
mike

·
Registered
784 Posts
Found out my bike made it to repair shop to be fixed after the wreck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We had 50 degress today in MI, so I mounted my new rubber stock front 180 in the rear, added dyna beads and installed my sissy bar (raptor bar). Tomorrow supposed to be 54 so im riding all day, break the new rubber in. Looking forward to the tech session in OH.:mosh::choppersm

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,909 Posts
http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=80643
That thread has been going strong since last Aug. Good to have a new one too though. ;)

Supposed to be a heatwave of 50* here today. I'll at least get a small ride in before work. Monday the forks are coming off. Been chasing a wobble issue. Redoing fluid again. 15wt is to stiff for me, and will cut my progressive spacer down 3/4". Adding another oz of Dynabeads to the front, and replacing front wheel bearings.

R

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just ordered the Factory Pro jet kit and new rear turn signal (busted the little clip in mine putting on aftermarket lenses).

·
Registered
38 Posts
So yesterday it sunny outside and about 45 degrees. I decide to finally get the bike out and wash it. While I'm washing it. There is a snowmobile ripping around on the trails by my house. Thought that was kind of a unique thing. My photo didnt load.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Streets still have too much salt and sand on them, need the sweepers or a good hard rain. And being a holiday weekend no extra time to work on the bikes. Maybe next week, temps back to 50 degree's!!:47b20s0:

Bob

·
Team Orange
438 Posts
Well, I thought about doing a lot, does that count? I am a truck driver so I'm far away from home, but once I get home I have new Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust, factory pro 3 jet kit, pair Valve plates, smoked turn signal lenses, smoked tail light lens with led conversion, headlight rim (mine is scratched), and plans to Decap my airbox. Man I can't wait! Come on April 7th.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,033 Posts
Replaced my thermostat and o ring that goes with it.
Most pain in the butt project I have done to date.
Not an issue taking it all apart but to get it back together you have to hope that little thermostat doesn't move out of place. Took several tries but I finally got it. :)
All that to fix a coolant leak that I thought I fixed already but it was leaking out when bike was running.

Next up is checking my valves since I already have the tank off.
Should NOT need to adjust anything this year but I'm following up on last years work to be sure I did it right...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Rode out to Oracle (near Tucson) with my friend Chad. He's got a brand new Fat Bob. 140 miles round trip. We were hauling too much for pics, maybe next time.

Here's a pic from last weekend. We went to Tortilla Flat.

1 - 20 of 8806 Posts