Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

8981 - 8989 of 8989 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello Folks,
Hope everybody enjoying their rides,
I sold my vtx back in May 2020 to a nice gentleman from Winnipeg, he picked it up from Montréal and ride it home, it take him 5 days nice trip I want to do as well once day when I buy another VTX which I hope next year if all goes well.

We developed a good friendship, changing info and helping with any questions he might have, he painted the bike nice a beautiful colour see pics.
Now the shocks need to be upgraded and I recommended the progressive, he did more research and found the 444 model is the best for him.

Any other recommendation you guys can advise for rear shocks?

Thank you all and happy riding season.

Walid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
No suggestions for the rear shocks, but I would recommend Race Tech gold valve emulators and springs for the front forks!!!!! There are a number of members on here (me included) that have gone this route and I have yet to hear a dissenting opinion!!!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
No suggestions for the rear shocks, but I would recommend Race Tech gold valve emulators and springs for the front forks!!!!! There are a number of members on here (me included) that have gone this route and I have yet to hear a dissenting opinion!!!!!!
Thanks Sparky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,750 Posts
Finished installing a Tsukayu Tour trunk. Had to figure out how to put a round peg into a square hole to get it to fit. I'll just say they've known since 2011 that the mounting brackets did not work with the VTX specific bags but have not bothered to fix it.
The trunk itself is awesome, and I can hardly wait to get out and see how it feels.
See it here: Touring Trunk for Harley Davidson, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph and Victory
Once I figure out how to download pics from my new I-phone, I'll get with the program and post up some pics.

Reactions: JDKelly

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Got on my old bike today(now my sons) and drove it into my back yard. Doing coolant, brake, rear end fluid change, and valve job Saturday

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Fuman, good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finished installing a Tsukayu Tour trunk. Had to figure out how to put a round peg into a square hole to get it to fit. I'll just say they've known since 2011 that the mounting brackets did not work with the VTX specific bags but have not bothered to fix it.
The trunk itself is awesome, and I can hardly wait to get out and see how it feels.
See it here: Touring Trunk for Harley Davidson, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph and Victory
Once I figure out how to download pics from my new I-phone, I'll get with the program and post up some pics.
How is the fit and finish of the Tsukayu products? Worth the money?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,750 Posts
Worth the money is full of subjective views ? Been studying on it for years, have had other Tsukayu products and have been very satisfied with them. Customer service is way less than what you would expect. Made a big stink about these trunk brackets and finally heard from their USA rep in Daytona. No real help at all. 10 day return starts when you get what you bought.
Like I said, the tour trunk looks perfect, fits the bike great, goes very well with the VTX specific bags. That being said, there are a lot of other ways to go that are a lot cheaper. Research the he!! out of it: google, youtube, VTXOA, VTX Cafe. Just depends on your needs in a trunk. I used to have a Mutazu trunk that cost around $85 bucks, mounted it to a Honda luggage rack, hooked up the lighting at the rear fender and grew to like/depend on it: convienent.
I'd looked at one in 2013 in WVa: hoss37 had one on his 1300 and loved it. Fit/finish was perfect and their stuff is known for longevity.
RESEARCH -- it's what I do for this bike and especially for something this expensive. Recent IRS checks may have influenced my decision o_O

Reactions: JDKelly
8981 - 8989 of 8989 Posts