Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2948 Posts

·
Registered
16,598 Posts
I told Ebony Eyes she wasn't making the trip to W by GOD Va. this weekend. She replied "Eh. Whatev's."

Reactions: Silver F

·
Tinkerer
1,730 Posts
All I can say is WOW! I really like NDAna and I loved the HID I had from him a few years ago, but this LED setup from www.vtxdaymaker.com is AMAZING! Once I got it aimed properly, it is the best light I've head in front of me ever on a bike. Yes, this guy's proprietary 3D printed installation bracket allows you to adjust and aim these headlights.
Spendy? Yeah, but I think it's worth it.
Nate, there are waaaaay too many choices on the products page. Could you tell me which kit you chose, and maybe provide some pics?

·
Tinkerer
1,730 Posts
All I can say is WOW! I really like NDAna and I loved the HID I had from him a few years ago, but this LED setup from www.vtxdaymaker.com is AMAZING! Once I got it aimed properly, it is the best light I've head in front of me ever on a bike. Yes, this guy's proprietary 3D printed installation bracket allows you to adjust and aim these headlights.
Spendy? Yeah, but I think it's worth it.
I went to their "compare kits" page (https://www.vtxdaymaker.com/compare-kits), and see that their B3 kit shines at an amazing 5000 lumens on low beam. However, I am extremely skeptical of their claimed 0.0 amp low/high draw...

Reactions: nate6966

·
Registered
16,598 Posts
After riding in the cage today all over southern W by GOD Va., as tailgunner in the bike convoy, I wish I'd bit the bullet and ridden Ebony Eyes.

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,047 Posts
I went to their "compare kits" page (https://www.vtxdaymaker.com/compare-kits), and see that their B3 kit shines at an amazing 5000 lumens on low beam. However, I am extremely skeptical of their claimed 0.0 amp low/high draw...
I did go with the B3 kit. I agree that the 0 amp draw is a misprint. I can check what it draws later.

·
Registered
16,598 Posts
Reactions: Darkcustom83

·
Tinkerer
1,730 Posts
I had a new front tire mounted, and I traced out a new windshield for my USA Trailer Store fairing. I am going to reinstall the wheel tomorrow when I am sober :ROFLMAO:. I have a friend who works at a factory where they make Plexiglas, and he gave me a large sheet that wasn't good enough to sell. My artist daughter helped me design a screen that is about 4 inches taller than the provided screen. I'm going to cut it out tomorrow with my sabre saw when I am sober :p.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Negative anything to my scoot, no ride due to bladder surgery.????

·
Tinkerer
1,730 Posts
Yesterday I reinstalled my front wheel with the new Metzler 888 and took a test ride.

I also cut out a new windshield for my fairing, but I think it is a bit too tall, and I might cut it down an inch or so.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
16,598 Posts
Yesterday I reinstalled my front wheel with the new Metzler 888 and took a test ride.

View attachment 237183

I also cut out a new windshield for my fairing, but I think it is a bit too tall, and I might cut it down an inch or so.
Ted, don't forget the before/ after pix.

·
2,047 Posts
While traveling through a construction zone yesterday, the truck in front of me struck a couple of the skinny traffic cones (we call them candlesticks in construction).

Well, the 7 pound black placement ring that holds these things in place came flying away me (we were all doing 45 mph per construction zone speed on the interstate).

I dodged best I could, avoiding a direct hit, but the disc slammed squarely into my right foot and peg/brake pedal. I'm fine, just felt like a punch to the leg. However, my bike didn't fare so well.

My right peg assembly bent back about 20 degrees and it broke the pivot point on my brake pedal. I can't disassemble until this weekend as I've gotta work this week here in Montana and won't get home for a couple days. I get to ride with just front brakes.

Anyone have spare factory parts for the right peg/ brake assembly from an 1800C or an 1800F? I don't know what all is broken yet, if it's the mounting brackets, master cylinder bracket, or the pivot bolt for the brake pedal.

·
Tinkerer
1,730 Posts
Nate, I'm very happy that you are okay, good luck with the repairs.

·
2,047 Posts
Nate, I'm very happy that you are okay, good luck with the repairs.
Thanks! I know it could have been much worse.
Always taking a view of lessons learned, I could have left more room, not followed so closely. Good takeaways include the sharing and encouragement from forum members about practicing emergency braking techniques, counter steering techniques, and keeping calm to ride around or through obstacles.
I could seriously picture some dingbat telling this same story and having it end with the stupid comment of "I had to lay it down."

·
2,047 Posts
Man, I lucked out!

Not only did I ride through this without injury or "laying it down" (still amazed at squids that claim this is a solution while riding) - but the bike actually fared well!

I continued my trip, relying on just the front brakes without problems.

Just took the pedal assembly apart and this is the only actual damage.

The 2" forward extension bracket was slightly bent, I've bent it back without a problem.

I'll have to buy a new pivot bolt as this was sheared. And I'm replacing the cover for cosmetic purposes.

All in, brand new parts from Partzilla, after shipping- $65!

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
While traveling through a construction zone yesterday, the truck in front of me struck a couple of the skinny traffic cones (we call them candlesticks in construction).

Well, the 7 pound black placement ring that holds these things in place came flying away me (we were all doing 45 mph per construction zone speed on the interstate).

I dodged best I could, avoiding a direct hit, but the disc slammed squarely into my right foot and peg/brake pedal. I'm fine, just felt like a punch to the leg. However, my bike didn't fare so well.

My right peg assembly bent back about 20 degrees and it broke the pivot point on my brake pedal. I can't disassemble until this weekend as I've gotta work this week here in Montana and won't get home for a couple days. I get to ride with just front brakes.

Anyone have spare factory parts for the right peg/ brake assembly from an 1800C or an 1800F? I don't know what all is broken yet, if it's the mounting brackets, master cylinder bracket, or the pivot bolt for the brake pedal.
Rode my scoot for the first time in 33 days. I have been running from one doctor to another to get this body cut on and running other tests to repair this and that. Mercy, it should felt good to get the wind in my face from a bike instead of CT scanner machine.????

Reactions: LEGO
2901 - 2920 of 2948 Posts