Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am painting my lower forks, frame, lower triple tree and swing arm black. I need to know what kinda paint to use. Its gonna be rattle can and I don't need to hear any crap about that part. I did it before and it looked perfect. My question is whether I should use VHT epoxy paint or like some high heat engine enamel and gloss. previously I used the rattle can epoxy and it came out nice but it can't be sanded and its isn't really glossy. I would prefer to have a high gloss finish that I can sand. However not if it will chip, scratch, and dull easy. So high heat epoxy or highheat engine enamel with clear..... :hmm2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can try Dupli-Color, either enamel or lacquer. Don't dismiss this. It is good paint and have used it on my Radiator shroud and cross members on the bottom of bike. They have docs on their site to which paint is best for your needs and finishes. They have a top finish called Effex which is very nice. They also have topcoats and such that make the paint very glossy. I have asked questions of the company and they have been very helpful answering my questions. Good luck Doug<poopster>

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duplicolor is the paint i use usually... There high heat engine enamel is great and resists corrosion from solvents, gas, brake fluid etc. But what i wanna know is if it will stay glossy and handle stuff kicked up by the road as well as rattle can epoxy... The epoxy is nice but once its on its a pain to repair bc it doesnt sand well, its also not nearly as glossy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts