Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from the doctor and set up my appointment for knee replacement on Jan 21. My dilemma is should I set here this afternoon on the computer or go for a bike ride, after all it is 76 degrees and sunny.
Oh, it has come to me "I'm Gone".:choppersm

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Ride, ride and Ride...wishing you well on the knee.

·
X-Bull Rider
1,052 Posts
Ride, ride and Ride...wishing you well on the knee.

I have had both of them done, it will keep you out of the saddle for a while. Best advice that I can give is to let it have plenty of time to heal. You sure don't want to hurt it again by putting to much strain on it to fast.
Ride Safe
Heal Fast
:coffee:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Remember, Sorry Doc, the best surgery on knees is less important than the best rehabilitation afterward. Find the best rehab place you can. It will be very worthwhile. Best of luck!
Bry

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
76 and sunny?!?!?!...Had it been me, this thread would've been posted later, and with this title..."Went for a great ride today!!"..:cool:

BTW..It was sunny and 14 when I got home from work today...With LOTS of snow still on the ground...:mad:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Bass, this early cold is unusual for Indiana, right? Here on Long Island, NY its been on average about 20 degrees colder for the past 10 days or so.. My rides now are pretty short, sad to say, but if the roads arent icy or snowy, i still get out there. I think i love pain! :banghead: Naw, but i do love riding my X.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Bass, this early cold is unusual for Indiana, right? Here on Long Island, NY its been on average about 20 degrees colder for the past 10 days or so.. My rides now are pretty short, sad to say, but if the roads arent icy or snowy, i still get out there. I think i love pain! :banghead: Naw, but i do love riding my X.
Yeah. not usually this cold yet...Maybe we'll get an early spring!!....:D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Good man, the glass is not half empty, its half full. :) I bet your fairing helps keep the hands warm when you get out at least. I just ordered some boot clips to keep my jeans down, grrrrr i hate that, so rather than hit something while im pulling down the leg of my jeans, i bought the clips. Never used them, i hope they work ok.
Take care, this cold has to slack off a lil bit.
Bry :mosh:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hope you had a great ride. Heck maybe you are still out there. :choppersm

Good luck with the surgery, my friend. Be sure to keep us up on your progress. :mosh:

Al

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a great 3 hour ride that was cut short by a call to my sister's home to do some home management things; I would have been out 5 hours otherwise. We should get some saddle time in tomorrow, the temp is supposed to be in the mid high 70's again.
Thanks all for the kind words of encouragement concerning my knee surgery.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I went for a very short ride today and had lunch with Jojo and Jstar which was much fun. I am going to take a few more short rides or as long as I can take until Jan 3rd then I have a epideral and knee replacent on the 10th. Rehab is key with this surgery. I've talked with about 10 people who have had at least one done and they've all said the same thing. I'm shooting for 2 months and then a ride to see how it feels. Good luck with yours and wishes for a quick recovery.

·
Traveler
2,647 Posts
I had a great 3 hour ride that was cut short by a call to my sister's home to do some home management things; I would have been out 5 hours otherwise. We should get some saddle time in tomorrow, the temp is supposed to be in the mid high 70's again.
Thanks all for the kind words of encouragement concerning my knee surgery.
I went for a very short ride today and had lunch with Jojo and Jstar which was much fun. I am going to take a few more short rides or as long as I can take until Jan 3rd then I have a epideral and knee replacent on the 10th. Rehab is key with this surgery. I've talked with about 10 people who have had at least one done and they've all said the same thing. I'm shooting for 2 months and then a ride to see how it feels. Good luck with yours and wishes for a quick recovery.
Glad you guys got rides in:choppersm.
Best of luck to ya on your upcoming surgeries:cheers:
Here's to more and better rides in the new year:mosh:

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
You guys are supposed to say that your getting the "knee mod". And as ususal with any mod ... it will be an improvement. Good luck to both of you guys having that surgery. Take you time with the R and R and you'll feel better than you have in years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts