Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what other baggers carry. In one bag, I carry an extra helmet, extra face shield, goggles, spare gloves, rain suit, tire gauge, couple of common tools, and a knife. The other bag I use for specific stuff I want for my trip like a camera, thermos, water, towel, clothes, etc..

What about you?

·
Registered
175 Posts
One additional thing I know carry is a a change of spark plugs and the tools to gap and change them. I got some bad fuel 400 miles from home and fouled all my plugs. Extra eyewear night and day, rain suit ofcourse. Certain times of the year I may through in a sweatshirt for a little extra warmth. Carmex or other lip balm is a must, extra ear plugs. Spare house key. Basic tools allen wrenches. Mini jumper cable. Bible. Gerber multi tool. Much more

·
Registered
652 Posts
A hat, set of allen wrenches, riding glasses, insurance, sun screen and a water bottle

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I usually keep an extra helmet, face shield, sunglasses, gloves in cold weather. oooops, a thermos of coffee too. In warmer weather the face shield gets left out, gloves too, but i add a towel, bathing suit, sunscreen. thats pretty much it. I dont carry tools in the bags because i use a tool pouch. Of course, since VTX's dont break, i have never used a tool when on a ride. :D
Bry :choppersm

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
A spare Helmet?...I have a T with the stock bags...doesn't work.
Other than that, I keep rain pants (riding jacket is water proof) and my papers. Camera gear when heading out on that purpose and a couple of fibre cloths as well. My cell goes into my tank bib and my wallet goes in my handle bar bag with a kick stand pad.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Tool bag, A Moms Bag (a zippered bag with all the drug store things), Hatchet, frog toggs, stocking cap, air compressor, tire plug kit, two wire hotdog roasting sticks, pigtail phone charger that plugs into my tender, MSR Fuel bottle, cold weather gloves (year round) , yellow night glasses, matches.
Zip Ties, Tape. a lot of the time a jet boil stove and a couple bags of dehydrated food, I'm sure that there are a couple little things that I am missing. :icon_susp

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
one bag has raingear, extra jacket, tire repair kit, first aid kit....the other bag has Roc ties, gps, if its not on my bike, snacks, water........I also have a windshield bag with bug spray, suntan lotion, and some other stuff I cant think of!

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Tool bag, A Moms Bag (a zippered bag with all the drug store things), Hatchet, frog toggs, stocking cap, air compressor, tire plug kit, two wire hotdog roasting sticks, pigtail phone charger that plugs into my tender, MSR Fuel bottle, cold weather gloves (year round) , yellow night glasses, matches.
Zip Ties, Tape. a lot of the time a jet boil stove and a couple bags of dehydrated food, I'm sure that there are a couple little things that I am missing. :icon_susp

Really Marty? You could put the local corner store out of business with all that stuff.

I have Beetle bags so the left bag is bigger and it holds:helmet, tool bag, kickstand pad, water/gatorade, leatherman, extra shirt or jacket(cold or rain). Right bag: cereal bars, gloves, day/night glasses, first aid kit, towel w/ Pledge. There's probably more but it's been so long since i've rode I can't remember what else.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
I carry some basic things year round, small assortment of tools(open end 6-12mm,allen wrench set,small & large crescent,pliers,needle nose pliers,extra fuses,etc), water,towel, extra shirt, sunscreen, lip balm, charge cords for phone, Mp3, Gps,jumper cables, small first aid kit, gum, beef jerky,gloves,microfiber towels, rest of my carry-on is dependent on the weather, rain gear,extra jacket,gloves..etc.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Ironically, all the tools & accessories I cary, I've yet to really need besides, rain gear, or an extra shirt or jacket. But many times I've come across someone who needed assistance & was able to help out, that's the biggest reason I carry so much stuff.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Zig Zags?????? :mosh:

A spare Helmet?...I have a T with the stock bags...doesn't work.
Other than that, I keep rain pants (riding jacket is water proof) and my papers. Camera gear when heading out on that purpose and a couple of fibre cloths as well. My cell goes into my tank bib and my wallet goes in my handle bar bag with a kick stand pad.

·
Deactivated Account
218 Posts
A small air compressor, tire kit, allen wrenches, two dark and one clear eye protection, sunscreen, bungee cords, map, and a couple of 5-hour Energy.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Allen wrenches, leatherman, rain gear for me and mrs. Extra sunglasses and transitionals a hose clamp (yeah whatever I'm going to need that for) sunscreen and mrs throws some of her "must haves" in there too. I found two lipsticks and tampons in the bottom of my left bag. Water on rides, a bungee cord, lock. Insurance papers, several maps small vice grips. I need bigger bags!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Old Rider, newer VTX
185 Posts
I use my X as my daily ride. The trunk holds my lunch box and book bag. One side bag has a towel and bungies, the other is mostly empty. I check the weather before leaving and if it looks like I'll need the rainsuit and boots I'll strap on the bag. I don't carry the rainsuit/boots all the time. I don't carry tools. Most of my riding is local and when I do go on the road...that's what insurance w/roadside assistance is for! Eventually I'll put together a reasonable toolkit, but haven't needed it. After all, it's a Honda, right?!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts