9,234 Posts

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Your options are:

HogTunes - $400
Shark System - $150
JoeTunes Audio - $300

Out of all three, I've heard them all... and I gotta say... The HogTunes sounds pretty damn good...

Shark System seems to be hit and miss... some people have luck with them, some dont..

JoeTunes does good work. Looks great, sounds good.. people will look for your audio system and not be able to find it..

I actually did one of the "Speakers in a fork bag" on my own when I first got the bike.. Didnt turn out bad, but you end up using speakers that are so small, there is literally next to no Bass sound.

But eventually I ended up dumping the money into a fairing instead.. I wish I would have skipped all the costs involved with the Speakers, Amp, Fork Bag, wiring, etc.. and just went straight for the fairing set up... But to each their own...

(of course, if you actually got a fairing with an inner fairing for a stereo and 4 5.25" speakers, that would sound best...)

-Gonz

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the cycle sounds sytem. I got the 2" bullets before the 3" were available. Here are pics of my setup. The system works great except out on the highway at speeds over 60 MPH. I think the newer higher wattage 3" system would be better. The show crome switch on the right is wired to the battery not the ignition switch so I can listen to tunes with the ignition off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Shark system and LOVE IT! I use my cheapo ipod on it and it sounds good! I also do not like the look of the fairing.... If I put my earplugs in loosely, I can hear my music at speeds above 60 mph.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Shark 250watt audio system. I have the speakers bracketed under the triple tree with the wires run along the frame under the gas tank where the tool box houses the amp. So far so good, the system sounds great with my ipod. I have the speakers set behind my windshield so there's no prob listening to clear tunes at speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts