Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this so called lean issue. I have heard that the VTX 1300c will not track true unless the rider leans to the left. Will this bike roll straight if you take both hands off.....???? I am kind of confused......is there really a lean issue for these bike.....???? thanks...

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
Level your bike then hang string with weight and mark plumb with grease pencil. Go for a ride and see what you think. Mine run straight and turns if I lean too much in either direction. Wishing you a nice day.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mine rolls pretty straight. Streets kinda slope away from the center.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't have any problems like that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've actually noticed that it does pull just a little with my hands off the bars... I don't have a cruise, so I can't tell if it does while under throttle. My 79 Yamaha ran straight when coasting, but pulled hard when under power... got me....

·
WildBikers.com Owner
2,340 Posts
I always Ride no handed - Hard to Smoke - Drink my Coffee and Read the Paper without both hands! :icon_eek:

On a serious note - Mine runs straight as an arrow before and after i raked it!

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I thought that you were talking about the Carb and fuel mixture at first.:hmm2:
Same here.

No lean problem here either.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Be sure you are sitting straight in your seat, and not off-center. Make sure one saddle bag does not contain more weight than the other.

Bikes respond to weight that is not concentrically loaded with the bike's center of gravity.

CW

·
Registered
732 Posts
Lean Issue

Sounds like you might have a wrecked bike with a bent frame. I have never had issues with my C leaning, unless I am going fast around a curve.:choppersm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts