Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Cafe Founder & VTX lover
9,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got to get new pipes and found a deal on a new set of Roadburner Velocity 2 -1 pipes for $350 but they are black....everywhere else they are $550-$650.

Here's what they look like on a VTX

Here's MY VTX:

Trying to figure out how they would look....anyone able to photoshop that in??? Lol, opinions??

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hard to say, Black and Chrome look real good together!

you mean roadburner not roadhouse right?

also are they velocity lites or pros? Pros have the CNC end cap

·
Cafe Founder & VTX lover
9,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to say, Black and Chrome look real good together!

you mean roadburner not roadhouse right?

also are they velocity lites or pros? Pros have the CNC end cap
yea, I fixed that...been looking at so many pipes lately...lol They are the lites.

I found a pair of Sampson Cannon's for the 1800 for $369 on clearance bit I'm not crazy about the thinner pipes and they slip together part....they sound great just not my favorite.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
yea, I fixed that...been looking at so many pipes lately...lol They are the lites.

I found a pair of Sampson Cannon's for the 1800 for $369 on clearance bit I'm not crazy about the thinner pipes and they slip together part....they sound great just not my favorite.

I've been searching for samson cannons or classics(1300) for a while now, I like how low they sit, will be nice for when I mount my Hard bags, also leave the axle nut exposed, much easier removal of rear tire.

·
Registered
353 Posts
+1 don't need photoshop to see that those pipes will look really good on your black bike. I'd say go for it!

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
Ok I'll be the one to say it first...I don't care for the look of black pipes....They look cheap....Chrome would look a million times better in my opinion....:cool:
I agree with Bass however, if you really like them, I would be glad to buy your chrome pipes off of you. :D

Pdave:patriot:

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
Hate to burst your chrome bubble Dave....But those won't fit your 1300, Big X has an 1800....
C R A P forgot about that "minor" issue. :banghead:

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I'm not big on the black pipes either. The other thing I find hard to get past with any pipes for the Retros is the big back fender really needs a longer pipe to look best. Same with the sideburners, I like the look but wish they were longer.

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
I agree with Bass however, if you really like them, I would be glad to buy your chrome pipes off of you. :D

Pdave:patriot:
Hate to burst your chrome bubble Dave....But those won't fit your 1300, Big X has an 1800....
also cant leave out his reason for needing new pipes...his are kinda broken...and scraped a little :D. i heard those pipes rake the asphalt several times last october and i was in front front of everyone :eek:...ok, ok...a couple of the scrapes, i was on the other side of a 180 degree curve looking at him :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I like the two in one but not the Black. It is up to you however if you can find a pair for your 1300. One other thing I am not fond of is how the top pipe comes forward around the leg area before dropping down and back. If you are 'shorter' it may be an issue for your leg.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Ray, you could always buy those pipes, sell the muffler and buy a black Sideburner muffler...

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I REALLY do not think they go with your bike Ray, chrome or black. You have a retro and to me those are a more modern pipe that I think would detract from your theme and great looking bike. JMO so take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think they would look very nice on your bike.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts