Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do yourself a favor and never take your bike to this place for service; I had my bike towed there when the water pump went. I then proceeded to tell them they might as well do the valve adjustment as long as their going to be keeping it for two week to wait for the water pump to come in. Their responce ? "THE VALVES ON A VTX DON'T NEED TO BE ADJUSTED" !!!!! That is the last time I will trust them with my bike. How can a dealer know so little about a bike they sell and service. Kinda scary if you ask me. :rolleyes:

· Senior Rider
41 Posts
Just to also point out what end of the spectrum they are likely at:

I just rode my bike from florida to new york, needed a waterpump in binghamton new york and binghamton honda overnighted the pump in and had my bike back to me within 24 hours of receiving the pump even though they had 2 weeks of work in the queue. I strongly suggest them.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hello all,

New to the board and stumbled on this post. My previous ride was a Suzuki intruder. Long story short, called Wheels Motor sports to order parts for the Suzuki and was told "Suzuki never made that motorcycle":confused: I advise against anyone going to this dealer.

Joe

· 2º Left of self-centered
2,822 Posts
I second that!

Went to Wheels to buy my bike originally. John Coulson III is the rudest and most ignorant salesman I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with! I wanted a 2006 1300C in black, period. I had already picked what I wanted and it was a guaranteed sale. He refused to even help me locate one from another dealership even though I told him I didn't care if I had to pay shipping costs. I didn't want to haggle on price. I just wanted exactly what I wanted. His exact words were "Why would I want to move someone else's stock? Buy what I have or go somewhere else." I wanted to slap the fat right off of his face!

I wound up calling Freehold Honda/Triumph and they bent over backwards to help me. Within the week they located a bike, shipped, uncrated, assembled and let me test ride before I bought it. Its a haul from Waretown, NJ but well worth the trip IMHO.

I called Wheels on one other occasion and asked if they had any covers in stock. Whoever I talked to said "I have a cover here that I think will fit... I dunno." I asked if it had heat resistant lining on the bottom half and he said " I don't know! I don't put covers on my bike when the pipes are hot." Yet MORE ignorance.

I'll be cold and in the ground before I ever even consider setting foot in Wheels again!

· Registered
1 Posts
Wheels Motor Sports

:cheers: In April of this year,my son and i went to wheels to buy two motorcycles.we dealt with the owner Tom.This guy went way out of his way for us.We were buying a Vtx1800t and aSusuki m109.three other places couldn't or wouldn't get us financed ,and if not for him we wouldn't have these bikes now!Any extra we wanted he either matched or beat!I do think the mechanics are not the best so i don't take my ride there for work,but i would certainly go there for everything else! dfteeple

· Registered
37 Posts
Freehold is who I'm leaning towards for my VTX. Only because my salesman who sold me my Shadow works there now and I want to give my business to him...but everyone else seems very friendly.....the parts guys are hit or miss...they alway seem to be miserable...but I'm a parts guy too for Nissan....so I understand their woes. lol

I wanted a black 07 also...they told me they could only get me white or possibly dark blue....now after I talked a deal with another dealer who has 3 black ones.....they all of a sudden can get me black...no problem...lol:cheers:

· 2º Left of self-centered
2,822 Posts
Figured I'd throw this out there for the locals.

Wheels Motorsports has been bought by a friend of a friend. I see this as a good thing and am hoping the new owner will turn the place around.

They are having a huge sale 4/4-4/5

Think I'll ride over and check it out :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.