Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a tiny hose, maybe 3/8 inch outside diameter, that exits the bike at the bottom rear, just forward of the tire, inside of the exhaust. While unloading my bike it got caught and pulled off. There is a T-junction in the line, and it continues forward to slip on another nipple. I have never traced this line down before, so I don't even know where to look, or what it may vent. I am assuming it is a vent line, but don't know what for. I will try to attach a pic and see if that helps.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,320 Posts
Vent line for the gas tank. It connects under the right rear of the tank and just hangs down near the rectifier.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
2007 1300C
729 Posts
Nothing attaches to the exposed part of the "T".

·
Registered
2007 1300C
729 Posts
More or less! I have a C model, can't imagine that yours would be routed different than mine. Mine runs from tank, down along the frame following wiring harness and drops down in front of tool/battery box to hang underneath bike near voltage regulator/rectifier.

Reactions: SPARKY5151

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More or less! I have a C model, can't imagine that yours would be routed different than mine. Mine runs from tank, down along the frame following wiring harness and drops down in front of tool/battery box to hang underneath bike near voltage regulator/rectifier.
Mine is a c as well and that’s what I was expecting. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys. I removed my tank to do a coolant flush and when I went to reinstall the tank I saw just a small piece of rubber hose attached to the location you referred. I could not figure out where it was originally routed nor what it was for, but figuring it was some sort of vent hose. Luckily I had some extra hose and used it to replace and route as much as possible to the factory route.

·
Super Moderator
5,664 Posts
What wasn't mentioned in the last half dozen posts is that there was a plastic "T" mounted below that short piece of hose that you had on the tank (with the two inline taps attached to the top hose from the tank and the bottom hose that routes under the bike, the side port on the "T" usually has a short piece of hose attached (to keep dirt, etc out of the works.)) This arrangement serves to keep that long hose from serving as a siphon and siphoning all the fuel out of the tank onto the ground under certain conditions and is a vacuum break!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts