Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,080 Posts
It all depends on your desired end product.
Just clean them? Original Bike Spirits and some soft rags.

Remove oxidation from the exposed edges where there's no engine paint? Use your favorite aluminum polish (White Diamond is a favorite around here)

But if you're looking for something amazing - you'll actually need to sand down the machine marks with increasing grits of sand paper and the polish them up with a really good aluminum polish.

If you have a black engine casing (spec 2 or 3) then you'll also want to clean up the black between the fins. I used Original Bike Spirits and Q-Tips and a rag wrapped over a wood shim to help scrub yet go quickly.

Reactions: IndyX and PaXman11

·
Registered
17,587 Posts
It all depends on your desired end product.
Just clean them? Original Bike Spirits and some soft rags.

Remove oxidation from the exposed edges where there's no engine paint? Use your favorite aluminum polish (White Diamond is a favorite around here)

But if you're looking for something amazing - you'll actually need to sand down the machine marks with increasing grits of sand paper and the polish them up with a really good aluminum polish.

If you have a black engine casing (spec 2 or 3) then you'll also want to clean up the black between the fins. I used Original Bike Spirits and Q-Tips and a rag wrapped over a wood shim to help scrub yet go quickly.
Thats bootifull. Wish I was that ambitious.

Reactions: nate6966

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,080 Posts
Thats bootifull. Wish I was that ambitious.
Long winters with a parked bike could cause severe cabin fever and may result in OCD tendencies

• Haha
Reactions: PaXman11 and IndyX

·
Registered
17,587 Posts
Reactions: nate6966
1 - 5 of 5 Posts