Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Instigator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just poking around here and noticed this perfectly good unused forum for we, who live in the DC area. Specificly, I live in the Northern Virginia area about 30 miles NW of the city. I am a member of the Virginia X Riders and the Southern Cruisers Riding Club of Loudoun County. Plenty of rides and events around here.

So, if you live in the area and are looking for something to do on an X, please post here so we can get some riding done and some Meet & Greets put together.:choppersm :choppersm :cheers: :coffee: :coffee:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello,
I am in the Baltimore metro area, not exactly in your back yard, but close enough to make it feasible.
I have friends in Montgomery county and I do some riding up around that area, however always looking for good rides - especially with other VTX riders.
Would also encourage any other VTX riders in the Baltimore area to reply as well.
Thanks

·
Instigator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is something that might be of interest: There is a bike show in Carlisle PA on the weekend of July 14-16/ The VA X riders and the MD X-iles plan on going up there on Friday before the crowds get to big over the weekend. You are welcome to hook up with us. Take a look at this post on the VAXriders board.
http://www.virginiaxriders.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=12112#12112

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks Outlaw. May check this out - need to see what the social planner (wife) has me doing that W/E.
By the way any more info on the Maryland X - iles? Would love to meet some riders in the Baltimore area.
Thanks

·
Instigator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mark said:
Thanks Outlaw. May check this out - need to see what the social planner (wife) has me doing that W/E.
By the way any more info on the Maryland X - iles? Would love to meet some riders in the Baltimore area.
Thanks
I'll see if I can find a link to the X-iles

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
:patriot: Beautiful Downtown Buckroe Beach Virginia here. :drunk: I-64 exit 267 in Hampton Roads.:beer:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Outlaw1800; I live in the Northern Virginia area (Fairfax) and am looking for folks to ride with. Anyone else feel free to contact me.

·
EagleEye
29 Posts
Hey - new here.

Live in Woodbridge - work mostly at Tysons - but have clients in Largo and downtown.

Ride all day long...

:choppersm

·
Registered
6 Posts
New VTX Rider

I just bought my first bike. A 2004 VTX 1300c.
I can't wait to start riding, but I have to wait until the end of April to take the Maryland training. I live near Waldorf, MD. I do not know anyone in the area that rides. I read that if I get a learners permit I can ride along with another rider. If anyone woud like to go for a ride and does not mind playing nurse made, and teacher let me know.

I live on a dead end and have rode the bike some back and forth on my block a few times. I have big feet and have a little trouble shifting to higher gears. Is there a way to adjust the gear shift or install a longer one?

GMU_VTX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I finally got my tag, insurance and helmet. I am ready to ride. If someone would like to ride with a rookie in southern Maryland let me know.
I did figure out how to adjust the shift level. Now it is much easier to shift gears.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey all DC Metropolitan Riders

Hello all, I'm new to riding and live in Centreville. I'm looking for some folks to ride with. I bought my first 1300C a few weeks ago and have been riding around just to get the feel for it. I'm around most weekends if the better half (wife) lets me out. :) Drop me a line if you would like to meet up

1 - 20 of 63 Posts