Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I ride my own.
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To not have a fuel gauge on the bike? I mean, really?
No. I didn't run out of gas but unfortunately I tend to be like most women when it comes to gas in a vehicle. I will admit, I've gotten much, MUCH better but the X is not helping.
I know all the "put gas in it whenever you stop, be sure to set your trip meter," those type of solutions. I get it I just think it's funny-in a ridiculous way.
Just sayin... *wink*

... via Tapatalk's badass app!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome to the :choppersm:banghead::banghead:...where is the gas gauge club....:spank::spank:.....

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Don't need no stinkin' gas gauge!!..:nope:

On the way home last night we stopped for a little break about 15-18 miles from home...Grabbed some snacks and Jen had a smoke...Hot ready to roll and I just happened to think to check the trip meter...Was at 145 miles, and I usually have to switch to reserve at the 160 mark, so wheeled the bike to the pump and topped it off...:cool:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Self canceling lights/blinkers?! Please, do tell more!
Oh god, I'm gonna need a second job-lol

... via Tapatalk's badass app!
I was having trouble with the flash rate with leds, the led flashers won't work on the 1800 it has a 9 pin flasher. X'n( a member) builds a bplug in unit that slows the rate to normal, flashes the brake light, cancels the signal and gives you 4 way flahers. You can PM him for the link to his site.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I just fill up whenever I hit reserve.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
When I first got my 1800 about 3 years ago... I just bought it over the phone and went and picked it up at a dealership... They said nothing to me about the bike, just took my money and let me sign...

I drive home... (about 300 miles) and unload it off of the trailer and look it all over...

The next day I finally ride it for about 100 miles... I get home and I start looking around for the reserve switch... I must have looked for 15 freaking minutes.. I thought what the heck, where did they put it... I finally start reading the manual to see if it would tell where it was. Then I read that it doesn't have one... :confused:

I had to laugh to myself about the time I wasted looking around under the edge of the gas tank with a flashlight...

So, I think a reserve on the 1800 would be nice too....:D

·
Registered
912 Posts
When are they going to put power steering on the X?:hmm2::banghead::harder:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
And I'm thinking if they weren't going to put in a fuel guage, they could have at least put the fill cap on the top/right of the tank so I could fill it all the way up with it still on the kickstand.

·
Premium Member
2007 VTX 1300C
1,150 Posts
Don't need no stinkin' gas gauge!!..:nope:

On the way home last night we stopped for a little break about 15-18 miles from home...Grabbed some snacks and Jen had a smoke...Hot ready to roll and I just happened to think to check the trip meter...Was at 145 miles, and I usually have to switch to reserve at the 160 mark, so wheeled the bike to the pump and topped it off...:cool:
160? Man, that's good mileage. I don't think I've ever made it past 145 before I had to switch to reserve. What's your secret?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We all have a built in gas gauge, and a reserve. God put them right at the bottom of your ankles. After dealing with some of the stooges driving around on the roads in cars(a two ton death missile) I think it is a good idea for a driver to have to pay a little more attention to things : )

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's just stupid they put gas gauge on a scooter that you ride around town that holds 1 gal but on a X they give you a light. Just my $.02

·
Registered
855 Posts
I never saw the need for a gas gauge. It sputters at 150 miles, I reach down and flip the switch and I'm good until I can find the next gas station. I ALWAYS reset my trip odometer and pay attention to it.

Either way, you're watching your mileage, or watching a gas needle, what's the difference?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Well, i didnt know that the gold wing had bells and whistles, is this for the 2011 models???

Traci, you're a good woman/person/friend/family (choose whichever is more appropriate) you're having a bad sunday moment. dont let it ruin your week. look at the bright side. with your new trike set up, i'm sure you can hook a small trailer to it, with one of those portable tanks, sort of like the ones the pool cleaning guys use, and fill it to the rim with gas. you can ask one of the CRAP guys to hook you up with some sort of hose, then you'd even be set for your coming trip. :hmm2::coffee:

the hell with all these folks raggin on you about bells and whistles!!! some people just dont have vision.
you'll be laughing every time you pass a gas station.
when you get it working, i hope i get some sort of mention for helping you out.
smile, your week just got better, let me know what you think. :D :choppersm :icon_bs:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts