Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

did you debadge your tank?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Even more than what I suspect are disingenuous (or is it self-deceiving?) reasons for removing the badges, I'm somewhat amazed that so many of you WAX your bikes!
Heck, I've only ever waxed my CAR once or twice in 50+ years, and wondered why I was doing it during the process!
Don't get me wrong -- I keep my VTX pretty clean (because, you know, I SIT ON IT!). I even use an old toothbrush for hard-to-reach areas. But, wax?!...
I just don't see the point -- as long as I'm going to wash the grime off anyway -- unless you're into showing the bike at meets, et al.
I can see already I'm an oddball on this forum -- but I wouldn't buy a bike in the first place I didn't like the look of stock. I DON'T WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY CUSTOMIZING IT. The bike's a toy, not a necessity -- I want it to work well as cheaply as possible! I don't mind no stinkin' badges!..
Don't mean to start a scrap here oldhack, but why would you suggest that these guys are lying to themselves or others? Seems like everyone's just expressing personal taste and/or preferences. In my case, the badge got in the way of the pinstripe design I wanted (unless, of course, I'm being self-deceiving or disingenuous). :stirpot:

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Folks, prior to the two recent posts, this was a 2.5 year old thread. It is not particularly worthwhile to dredge up old threads like this. The issue was either hashed out 2.5 years ago or everyone involved grew bored with the topic :)G'day,Vinish
:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts