Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

did you debadge your tank?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have a lot of Tommy Hilfiger stuff either then. :)

Absolutely correct, i probably take it too for actually. All my shirts actually mean something to me ie places ive fished, been, raced or like a shirt dyed gray by volcanic ash or even causes like the 2nd amendment and Americas mis guided children. If i didnt do this im sure id look cooler and have some fashion since but ehhh thats not my bag.

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Folks, prior to the two recent posts, this was a 2.5 year old thread. It is not particularly worthwhile to dredge up old threads like this. The issue was either hashed out 2.5 years ago or everyone involved grew bored with the topic :)G'day,Vinish
While I agree that some threads are a nuisance and we wish they would die, sometimes people give new life to old threads that I've never seen and in this case I appreciate it. Of course if it was an 'urgent help' thread from 5 years ago, then that is ridiculous... (unless there was some really amazing tidbit of helpful info in there that everyone needs to know about). Also, we probably all agree that dead horse beatings should be left to wither on the vine... but, I think this one is worthy of its re-birth. Personally, I love the look of the tank emblems and would never ditch mine!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Waaay back when I was in high school, the Izod Alligator was a big deal. Been anti logos ever since. Except for Ducks Unlimited and NRA stuff. Oh and I have a Remington camo shirt, but you have to look hard to see the logo. Like to provoke the liberals and PETA. I also like to wear my BP stuff. Funny but I get a lot more (and unexpected) positive comments than negative.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I de-badged mine only when I had custom work done on the tank. I have fluted timing and crankshaft covers that would be there even there weren't Honda engravings underneath. I'm thinking that I may like to ask Bryan at BD's if he could airbrush the 1800 logo on the sides of my tank this winter when I send a few new tins over for paint. No shame in the name!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I always take the emblem off the tank, do some careful grinding and mount it on my front fender. Done that to all three of my Xs. Just like it better there.

Wren

·
Registered
798 Posts
I always take the emblem off the tank, do some careful grinding and mount it on my front fender...
I have to say, I'm curious how that looks. Mind sharing a photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
478 Posts
I remember when this thread started, I had been thinking about it off and on. not because I cared about hiding what it was or any customizing reason, but because one side had delaminated right at the tip. been that way since I got new. the first year or so I'd be constantly pressing it down worrying that it would get worse and thinking maybe I should just pull them off, but it was always just the tip. sometimes I see this thread title and it reminds me of it, but I stopped worrying long ago. it's been 5 years and I can't remember the last time I thought to be messing with it. it's still just the tip.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts