Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work 2 weeks ago, headed to a meeting. I was gettin hot flashes, felt like i was gettin sick. Went in a restroom Next thing chest and back felt like someone had me in a bearhug. I've always been healthy as a horse but i knew this wasn't good. finally a friend came in and i had them call our plants EMT team. Next thing i knew i was transported to hospital. They did a heart cath and doc said my left main artery (the widow maker artery) was blocked. They took me to surgery and did 2 bypasses. The doc said if i hadn't got help as soon as i did, i probably wouldn't have made it. But thanks to God and the EMT team, i've lived to fight and ride another day. Hopefully i'll be back in the saddle soon.

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
You have my prayers for a fast and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. Good thing is you're still here. Hope you recover fast and get to enjoy some of this beautiful weather on your great looking bike.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Get well brother, your health is more important then the X. But not by much....LOL. Take your time getting better.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I'm not sorry to hear this, I'm glad they found the problem and fixed it. Now you'll have many more years of riding ahead of you. I will however pray for a speedy recovery and return to riding again.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Glad you are doing well. Now listen to your doc about the lifestyle changes you might need to make. Diet, exercise, no smoking, etc. :icon_yes: :cheers:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Rutman:

Glad you got the problem solved... and have a speedy recovery...

Now... I do live nearby and also travel through the Sparkle City everyday... if there is anything that you need, let me know... PM me, and I can make it happen.... seriously, I'd be honored to help out a fellow Cafe'r.... Let me know...

Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Good to hear you still on the "right side of the dirt", friend. Take good care of yourself..Hope to see you on the road..:patriot:

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Glad you are doing OK- I had mine 14 years ago - you were lucky - you had pain - I didn't, just felt funny went home then to hos. BP 150/136. My main attary on the back side of my heart (no nerves there) was plugged 90% and they couldn't figure out how I walked into the ER. I had an angioplasty - no Stent and no bypass. I was lucky.

Donut:patriot:Doug

·
Registered
60 Posts
They call them widowmakers for a reason; that is, most people don't survive blockage in that artery, leaving many a poor widow at home. Glad things worked out for you. I work in an ER and I have seen many that didn't make it. You must have lots of riding left to do.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Glad you are ok... Same here two steints and a double by pass-- take time to heal and then RIDE>>RIDE>>RIDE. Now when you ride you will enjoy it more.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
The ol' heart bypass mod. Where's the pix?

Seriously though, glad everything worked out ok and get well soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I feel your pain. I Had a date with the widow maker postponed 2 weeks ago. Now I have to get used to a spring in my chest. I am looking forward to riding but a little fearful about big bike vibration and clots. Irrational? probably, but I will get back on when my mind is ready. Heal fast

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
Glad you got it taken care of man. Take care and keep us updated on your progress.

·
Sarge
643 Posts
Glad you are still with us. Prayers for a speedy return to action!

I am at "that age" when I wonder when it'll hit...thanks for sharing, it's a good reminder to watch my diet and pay attention to any warning signs!

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
yup, that seems to be going around. my brother just had a heart attack a few weeks back, he's ok and I'm glad to hear so are you! Heal fast and ride safe!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts