Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the stock pipes and mufflers from a 2006 VTX 1300R fit on a 2009 VTX 1300C? I replaced my wife's pipes on her '06 1300R with V&H Bigshots. A fellow VTX Cafe'r from the same city is interested in monkeyin' with the stock mufflers/pipes on his '09 VTX1300C to change the sound but if he screws it up, he wants a fallback safety net. That would be my wife's removed pipes which I would sell him if needed. For this plan to work, the pipes need to be interchangeable. From the very inaccurate pictures on the web, they look very similar but they only have to be off by a tiny bit to not work. Also, would the muffler/pipe mounting bracket and other hardware be interchangeable between these two bikes? Thanks much for any help you can offer.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Will the stock pipes and mufflers from a 2006 VTX 1300R fit on a 2009 VTX 1300C? I replaced my wife's pipes on her '06 1300R with V&H Bigshots. A fellow VTX Cafe'r from the same city is interested in monkeyin' with the stock mufflers/pipes on his '09 VTX1300C to change the sound but if he screws it up, he wants a fallback safety net. That would be my wife's removed pipes which I would sell him if needed. For this plan to work, the pipes need to be interchangeable. From the very inaccurate pictures on the web, they look very similar but they only have to be off by a tiny bit to not work. Also, would the muffler/pipe mounting bracket and other hardware be interchangeable between these two bikes? Thanks much for any help you can offer.

G'day,

Vinish
No, the brackets on the mufflers are different as is the hanger bracket on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
There is nothing between the two exhaust systems that are interchangable by just bolting it on. The only way to do it is to change the entire system. From the header pipes all the way to the mufflers and connecting bracket have to swapped over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts