Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for your help. I look up threads on VTX Cafe and usually find what i'm looking for... Anyways, I haven't found an answer for my most recent dilemna...
I have a 2007 1300C, All Stock. My Heads are leaking coolant (from overheating). I replaced my head gaskets and still have the problem. So, I would rather buy a long block and install it, than to remove the heads, bring them to a machine shop, and fail at another repair attempt. Besides, It will cost the same... . I am interested in replacing the engine with a 2004 1300C from Ebay. Does anyone know if it will bolt right on? I am under the impression that 03-07 are interchangeable. However, one of the listings on ebay for a 2004 vtx1300 engine curiously skips 07 as a compatible bike. it lists 03, 04, 05, 06, 08? Any advice would surely help. Respectfully, DJ

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,517 Posts
03-09 same motor.
First year used a fuel pump.
07 they changed the carb jet size one size smaller for emissions and the exhaust pipes.

·
There Can Only Be One
2,673 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem. I had a blown front cylinder head gasket a few years ago but was able to fix it myself the first time. Mine wasn't leaking coolant...it was leaking exhaust gas into the cooling system and, therefore, pressurizing it to the point that coolant wouldn't return "upstream" after the bike cooled down. Fortunately, I didn't ride it much after that, so no damage occurred. While I had the motor apart, I re-honed the cylinders, changed the head studs and installed new piston rings.

Anyway, yes, all 1300 motors are the same and can be found relatively cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts