Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the V-twin motor, and I am wondering if running straight pipes will hurt any thing on my 07 1300C? I know running just the headers on a V-8 will cause over cooling of the vales and some bad juju, but don't know much about a v-twin? I saw a vid with straights and they sound amazing. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I wasn't sure what exactly it would do, I see a lot of bikes with some really short tubes. I'm trying to think of some creative ways to make mine loud with out putting a lot of money into it for now. I;m still considering the clayton mod but not sure if I can bring my self to do it, I've only had my X for 2 days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to try it in a couple days when I actually get a day off.
Thanks for the info.

·
aka The Rev
1,854 Posts
I believe that with a 1300 you need the back pressure that some sort of baffle will provide. Do a search, I started a thread about this on an 1800 that has alot of good info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks preacher,
I checked out the straight pipe mod and well....I did it. I havent finished it yet but It sounds absolutly amazing so far. I'm going to put 2 inch diamater car tips on and then put a eye bolt in each pipe for back pressure. I'll put some pics up when im all done, maybe a vid if I can figure it out.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Army Warrior

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 240523
Will not make a difference as far as loss of power. If anything you will gain power. 2.5” car tips it sounds uhmazing, I will be out riding while getting gas I will have Harley owners approach me asking what it is, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts