Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I have been looking for quick release windshields and I am thinking about the National Cycle Switchblade windshield in the "Chopped" version. Does anyone have this? I am about 5'-11" and had my seat lowered so it sits about an inch lower (Thanks to mean city cycles!) and wondered if this shield will block the wind AND allow me to see over it without a problem. I read about the "2-up", which looks more like the traditional retro style I like, but with a 21" inch measurement, I think it is cutting it close. I have measured both at home and with Cycle Outfitters' (here in Indianapolis) test shield and both show that 20 inches is where the tip of my nose is. I don't want to look "through" the shield and I'm not sure about how much play/adjustment there is with the 2-up with the Retro's tapered forks. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!! :patriot:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Windshields

The NC site shows the chopped version at 21" and the 2-up as 26" you may want to look at their shorty ws which is listed at 19". I have the switchblade deflector screen which is almost invisible. Have to look down occasionally to make sure it''s there.

Skip

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see that shield. What is throwing me off is that there is supposedly some play in the height of the shield. The pictures of the shield show a lot of distance (imho) between the cutout and the headlight and I'm wondering how close it can be mounted to the light in order to lower it that much further. So, if the 2 up were close, then I had an inch or two of play to lower it. I'm a little nervous because you can't return the shield once it has been mounted. I guess I will just have to buck up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts