Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you folks down south have no idea what fun you're all missing out on...You should all move up north near one of the great lakes...Then you can all join in on some real winter fun!!...:mosh:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Looks like you got pounded a little more than an hour east Bass. I did get out of snowblowing r
though, I dropped a log on my foot Saturday, that left a mark!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well yes. I live in the south but am originally from Long Island as I discussed before. I moved upstate NY when I got married and that was enough to convince me I wanted to live in a warm climate.

... and.. when I made the move I swore I would never shovel another shovel of snow .. jokes on me. A few years after I moved here we had a few feet.
I have a Toro 38381 in the shed. Just enough ..

Get that NE Clam Chowder heated up and stay warm man !!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Tell the truth, I'll bet that you wish you were here on the Gulf Coast.

Looks like Lake Effect snow right?

I know the new puppy doesn't care for that stuff.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
hey bass,
build us a snowman for christmas..................lol
looks like ya having some fun out there..........

·
Registered
882 Posts
Spent way too long in that stuff, I'm from Kansas as far from Kansas as I could get and not be in the water. I think it about 80* today( maybe 75*). That all the colder it needs to be

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Not my idea of fun. :nope:
I did get a nice sunny ride in yesterday morning before the front moved in. :bleh:

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like Lake Effect snow right?

I know the new puppy doesn't care for that stuff.
Yup...We live near laporte Indiana...If you check out the weather radar, you'll see a buttload of lake effect snow coming straight at us...Been that way all day long...Woke up this morning at 1:30 to clean out the drive so we could get to work...A normal 20 minute drive took about an hour, with white-out conditions due to high winds blowing the snow...Sometimes we couldn't see past the hood of Jenny's S-10...We really shouldn't have ventured out this morning at all...

The puppy doesn't really dig the high winds and that like we have right now....But the other day when it was sunny, he was out playing in it, hopping around and came up out of some that was about as tall as he is, and his face was covered!!...Funny as hell!!...:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
What kinda machine is that?

All you folks down south have no idea what fun you're all missing out on...You should all move up north near one of the great lakes...Then you can all join in on some real winter fun!!...:mosh:

What kinda machine is that? Looks linda like some sort of lawn mower. Why would you mow the lawn after it snows?

It's kinda cold here. Supposed to get down to 28 tonight, but around 50 tomorrow.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
here, in Ashtabula, we got missed two days in a row!! we have wind and some snow.....but south and west of us they got a foot or two!!!! schools in that area were off.....locally, they had school......no snow east of me either.....if you look at the weather map....it went around us.....like all of a sudden someone likes us!!!! I'm sure we'll get ours soon!!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yup...We live near laporte Indiana...If you check out the weather radar, you'll see a buttload of lake effect snow coming straight at us...Been that way all day long...Woke up this morning at 1:30 to clean out the drive so we could get to work...A normal 20 minute drive took about an hour, with white-out conditions due to high winds blowing the snow...Sometimes we couldn't see past the hood of Jenny's S-10...We really shouldn't have ventured out this morning at all...

The puppy doesn't really dig the high winds and that like we have right now....But the other day when it was sunny, he was out playing in it, hopping around and came up out of some that was about as tall as he is, and his face was covered!!...Funny as hell!!...:D
I feel it too! By the way, what mods do you have on that machine thats huffing the snow? Intake? Exhaust? Maybe a footsmod? :D
hang in there, theres only about 97 days left til spring ;)

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Oh wow...I feel bad for you. It's been real cold here but thankfully not much snow. Got a dusting last night though.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts