Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad day for one of us.
Went for a ride today, little chili, but sunny and clear sky.
I was in a mall area whit 4 stop lights in less than 1/4 mile. A bike off front of me, maybe 50 yards, driving in the right lane suddenly fell on the left side and slide about 20 feet.
There were at least 7 cars around, they manged to go around him, one stop and the driver went to help. I pulled , and guys I can feel the pain in the other guy eyes. He was laying under the bike, screaming. We moved the bike from him, his ankle was bended on 90 degrees. Not a fun scene....
The police showed up in less than 2 minutes, called 911, ask for ID and insurance, not me, the guy down.
Unfortunately, there were a pot hole, wide 5-6 inches, and long about 2 feet, his front tire went inside and locked, because the heavy traffic, and the stop lights he was driving whit not more than 20 miles and did not have enough speed and power to go true. Really bad luck, and maybe less experience.
He did not have engine guards, witch probably could save his leg. Lucky for him, he was riding stock HD Sportser, not very heavy, otherwise, the damage could be worst.
Hopefully this guy we be back on the road again.
Be careful out there.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Sorry to hear about this guy....Does make you wonder what he was doing, thinking, looking at when this happened....

Both of my ankles have been in that position...not fun...

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
They ain't sexy and they ain't real stylish but I wouldn't be without the higway bars. Have saved damage to me, the wife and my bikes more than once. Wouldn't be without them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have Cobra fatties on my 18/R for just this reason. Around here you HAVE to watch for potholes, there are every where.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts