Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 30th, was riding with bikers against child abuse on thier 100 mile run in va. Everyone started to brake and i had no where to go, went to the left and hit a pothole. The bike thru me over the handle bars at about 40 mph.
Good news bike only needs new paint and left side foot peg.
Bad news: me - ruptured spleen, 3 broke ribs, bruised kidney 13 days in hospital 9 of them ICU. and a 15" scar across my belly

Lol fought with the wife for 15 yrs to get a bike, and it took me about 6 months to almost kill myself with it. my own fault though...
word of advice, keep a safe distance between you and the guy in front of you and the the day you think it can't happen to you. It will... so be careful
BTW: i will heal and the bike will be fixed, so i will take this experience and learn from it when i am riding again.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
YIKES!!!! Glad to hear you're gonna be ok. Riding in large groups is fun but it pays to be extra cautious.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Glad you are on the mend!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
WOW!! Glad you made it thru, bro!! Prayers sent for ya!! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Panic tested/Wife approvd
37 Posts
Heal up quick - glad you (and not your wife) are letting us know to watch out...

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Riding in a group is a highly dangerous act. It take skill and most important concentration! A moment of inattention is all it takes to have a really bad day.
I ride with some hardcore bikers and have seen more than a few highly skilled riders go down riding in formation.

·
Chap Dawg
236 Posts
God bless and heal quickly - you've got a super attitude that we all appreciate. Thanks for letting others learn from your experience!
:patriot:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident; Godspeed in your recovery! :patriot:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad you are OK. I can relate as I had accisdent in Feb and I am just now riding. Please be careful and again glad you are OK.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry to hear Bro. I am glad you are alive to tell the story.. Let me know what you need to get you and the bike on the road again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, glad your still here to share the story and maybe we all can learn something from it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
nice to hear a story like that with someone who is already looking on the bright side..time heals all wounds and then we get to try again...be safe brother

1 - 20 of 42 Posts