Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
Are you looking to replace a stock seat or wanting an aftermarket seat? Just for clarification, as I have neither to offer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would prefer a stock 1800C seat. I am going to put it on my 1300C and then if needs be will send it off to Mean City for a rework.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
A stock 1800 seat will NOT work on a 1300 w/o altering the seat pan, possibly the mounting tabs. A stock 1800 is a poor choice unless it is getting new foam & gel pads worked into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the plan. I have a friend whose 1800C seat is significantly more comfortable then mine so I am going to start there and see how I like it and then if needs be send it off to Mean City

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 1800c seat on my 1300c. Much better than the stock seat. All I had to do was trim the tabs near the front and the sides near the front. Just undo the staples to do the sides. Took 30 minutes.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
My previous post wasn't meant to discourage, just to inform. It's not that it can't be re-done, it's just that those who have done it, I would bet $$ that they eventually went with a better aftermarket seat as funds would allow. What you propose doing is an interim, I would almost guarantee it, and you will look back and kick yourself for the time and money invested in a lesser substitute. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
Same deal, diff. pans. Not sure about the fasteners on an N.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would prefer a stock 1800C seat. I am going to put it on my 1300C and then if needs be will send it off to Mean City for a rework.
A seat from an r will work, but you will need to do some modifications to the pan. I had one on my 1300c.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jeff, i have 2 1800c seats. 1 is foam and pan only, no mounting bracket and no cover. $50 + shipping from Arizona. 2 is still bagged original covered and mtg bracket with tabs all complete. $100 + shipping from Az.
You can email me at
[email protected].
I can email you photos there. Thanks, Robert.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jeff, i have 2 1800c seats. 1 is foam and pan only, no mounting bracket and no cover. $50 + shipping from Arizona. 2 is still bagged original covered and mtg bracket with tabs all complete. $100 + shipping from Az.
You can email me at
[email protected].
I can email you photos there. Thanks, Robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking for a seat that is in good usable condition for a 1800C.
Thanks, Jeff.
I think I have a stock 1800C seat from a 2002, and a Corbin 1300C from a 2006. I also have a modified 1800S seat 2005, can send pics of all, you would need to pay shipping costs from CA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking for a seat that is in good usable condition for a 1800C.
Thanks, Jeff.
I have one that is perfect although it comes off of my 2006 VTX 1300C If it fits it is yours for $50.00 plus shipping You may contact me at my email address [email protected] Will be glad to provide you with pictures if you like. I am not sure it will fit but you can cross reference and I am sure you will be able to find out.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
If I may. Those seats do not fit w/o some modifications. The bike frames and seat pans are different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts