Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2004 VTX 1800 N
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the XL HONDA VTX BATWING FAIRING from The USA Trailer Store?
so not the regular fairing but this XL fairing for VTX.

I have a VTX 1800 N and I don't know how truly big this fairing is compared to the regular size one!

Any help on this or pics if you have one on your bike would be awesome!

Thanks in advance

·
Too short for my weight
5,592 Posts
Ive been looking at those too....

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,695 Posts
You just posted this 15 hours ago. Try waiting for replies.
Or search the multiple old threads on usa trailer store fairings. One version was a clone of the reckless this one does look slightly different but same idea.

·
Registered
2004 VTX 1800 N
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just posted this 15 hours ago. Try waiting for replies.
Or search the multiple old threads on usa trailer store fairings. It's a clone of the reckless.
lol your right hahahaha too soon to expect 100 reply huh? it night be a clone but the new XL size is bigger and I don't know if its too big, I has the regular size before on a 1300 and it fit awesome,

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,695 Posts
I have seen stealth fairings before on VTX I thought they were fine but I didn't look at them really close. Might find more search results looking for stealth fairing it's not new they been around in that design.

·
Too short for my weight
5,592 Posts
I like the Xtreme Revolutions fairing. I have one on my 1300C, but they seem to be impossible to find!

im currently talking to a company in Russia that makes one almost identical. I’ll post about it if it comes to fruition.

·
Registered
2004 VTX 1800 N
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for the reply I think im just going to order the XL stealth fairing and cross my fingers it looks good.
Im thinking of going with 2 6x9 Infiniti speakers, what do you guys think? and a pioneer double din touch screen radio .

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all your advise and help

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Sorry that no one here had experience with what you are contemplating buying. Please report back with your experience with this fairing on a VTX. Thanks.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,695 Posts
I have not seen any fairing designed for a double din radio. I also doubt that a touch screen would handle rain.

·
Registered
584 Posts
thanks everyone for the reply I think im just going to order the XL stealth fairing and cross my fingers it looks good.
Im thinking of going with 2 6x9 Infiniti speakers, what do you guys think? and a pioneer double din touch screen radio .

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all your advise and help
I am watching this also as I'm thinking about getting one, keep us posted and some pictures if possible.
Toby

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,695 Posts
I personally prefer 6x9 over 4 small speakers. Just better quality audio but it's probably not as important at highway speeds. My Vic does pretty well with quality 5.25 speakers before I upgraded.

Looks like that is a marine unit that might do okay in the wet. Nothing on my VTX is marine rated and been wet plenty of times. Quality cover matters if you go that route.

·
Registered
2004 VTX 1800 N
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,695 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,592 Posts
check this web site it looks like they cary them Xtreme Parts VTX Ultra Fairing | Phat Parts Outlet

But I think they are very expensive! hope this helps Fishingfoolemjak
I’ve tried calling and emailing that guy for months. He doesn’t make them anymore and that website was last updated in 2010.... but thanks for looking! the one from Russia didn’t work out, the design wasn’t what I hoped for. I was looking at the XL that you’re looking at, I’m interested in how it looks on a VTX. Please post pics when you get it!

thanks

·
Registered
2004 VTX 1800 N
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,695 Posts
Polk DB series are good sensitive low ohm speakers. Db522 I believe is what you would use. Marine rated etc. I use on my Vic without an amp and sounds fine. Higher end speakers would not have the sensitivity and need an amp.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts